Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 x 3 pool table advice

Options
  • 17-01-2021 5:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all, i have s couple of questions!

The last lockdown i bought a new one from argos cheap mdf bed just wasn't sure it would get the use out of an expensive one! That being said it was terrible but used daily lol.

So i want to buy another one but decent this time, it will be going upstairs in the house it will be a bit awkward for the poor misfortunat to fit if i get a slate table.

where would be a decent place to buy and get delivered a new 6x3 pool table? Websites? I was looking at the lyric website they have refurbished slate tables for about €700ish no idea what delivery and setup it though.

Lyric also offer two very nice looking non slate tables for €500 theres no option to place an order online so I assume id have to ring to get anymore details.

Whats also slowing my purchase down a bit is im renting and if i needed to move in a hurry (I probably wouldn't) would the pool table retain its value? If i had to sell it especially if i spend €700+

I saw plenty second hand units in good shape for sale but alas i don't have a car large enough to haul one so home delivery essential but i would manage assembly myself if i had to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

These two links are what i was thinking if i go for non slate bed table.

http://www.lyric.ie/shop/item.aspx?itemid=87

https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/pool-snooker-1164/products/riley-6ft-american-pool-table-blue-jl-2cplus

If i go for slate it will probably be a refurbished table from lyric as i haven't seen anything elsewhere with similar value for table plus setup.

Link to slate bed i like

http://www.lyric.ie/shop/item.aspx?itemid=42

If anyone has any suggestions on other tables or retailers / sellers would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

If anyone has any suggestions on other tables or retailers / sellers would be great.[/quote]

Hi there,

You wont get a proper slate table for any less than what lyric have, and its a nice table too that ascot one. The price of new tables have ballooned this year. From averaging 800/1000 new, to 1500 being asked in places delivered and installed. Make sure lyric are delivering installing and levelling for you as well, and check how new the cloth is. I got my hands on a new table and it was over 1100 in the middle of last year.

Good fortune on the baize sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Thanks lyric seem to have the best a friend bought one a few years ago supplied and fitted just over a grand, its a beautiful and plays superb!

I forgot how much i liked playing even on my own until I bought the shoddy argos table. What made it really enjoyable too was the snooker cue i bought I could play screw and swerve shots i could only dream of in an arcade with a club cue.

Buying isn't too big an issue, Only major concern is if i had to sell it on in future (if i was moving house) would it retain much value? I know the slate table will hold a lot better value than an mdf one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Not going slate will be a false economy

Advertisement