Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISSP: Course & Exam bundle

Options
  • 03-12-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a CISSP course that would include the exam.

I ask as my company is offering to provide the course so if I find one which includes an exam fee then all the better.

I've done the linkedin learning course for CISSP which is quite good so the course would only be a refresher i.e. a 5 day course whilst doing practice exams (MeasureUp is who I'll use but open to recommendations here too)

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I only know of New Horizons in Dublin doing the training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

BSI and Cycubix also do it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've done a course with New Horizons previously so looked at them first

Thanks Dogg Munde, I've requested contact from Cycubix - they provide a course and an option to put an exam voucher separately so my company could cover that with one invoice which would be great!

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've done a course with New Horizons previously so looked at them first

Thanks Dogg Munde, I've requested contact from Cycubix - they provide a course and an option to put an exam voucher separately so my company could cover that with one invoice which would be great!

Actually , how was the New Horizons training ? I've never attended one (they are in Dublin, I am in Cork) but looking to go there to sit the CISSP soon (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

horgan_p wrote: »
    Actually , how was the New Horizons training ? I've never attended one (they are in Dublin, I am in Cork) but looking to go there to sit the CISSP soon (ish)
    Never saw this response initially sorry for the not responding

I found New Horizons okay, that said I did the BSI training for CISSP and found it far more interactive over a zoom, NH was like watching videos with brief 1:1 after each section.

BSI course has given me a tablet with the book on it but more importantly a training online test license for ccure which I'm using away.

Looking to book the exam for a few months time, reckon I should be okay to travel from Cork to Dublin if I've an exam on and there's no testing centres in Cork right??

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Never saw this response initially sorry for the not responding

I found New Horizons okay, that said I did the BSI training for CISSP and found it far more interactive over a zoom, NH was like watching videos with brief 1:1 after each section.

BSI course has given me a tablet with the book on it but more importantly a training online test license for ccure which I'm using away.

Looking to book the exam for a few months time, reckon I should be okay to travel from Cork to Dublin if I've an exam on and there's no testing centres in Cork right??

Someone in our office rang new horizons last week to be told that the exam center is closed. I havent picked up the phone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this OTT for IT sales?

Reasonably technical but looking to get some sort of qualification/education in cyber security. Dont want to go down the engineer route mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hi Nal, mind me asking did you do any useful IT Sales course? How did you get in?

Advertisement