Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club membership cork

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

big_drive wrote: »
    Any deals around at the moment?

I'm based in the Silversprings area, looking to move club possibly. Open to all suggestions within a 30 minute drive

Best option for a lifetime of golf is Cork GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

Any deals around at the moment?

I'm based in the Silversprings area, looking to move club possibly. Open to all suggestions within a 30 minute drive

Lee Valley is a lovely course... seriously tough but from what I've heard it's not always in the best of condition for winter golf, gets very wet.

I'm a member in Cobh and it's €790 a year ( you can pay monthly ).
    It's member owned which is a big thing but currently the clubhouse and changing rooms aren't the best.

There is a drive on to upgrade them this year along with the car park and paths around the course. It's a great club and good people in it. Would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Cobh would be close but i've never really taken to the course for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

HB2002 wrote: »
    Lee Valley is a lovely course... seriously tough but from what I've heard it's not always in the best of condition for winter golf, gets very wet.

Yes its quite wet in winter. The good points about LV are monthly DD, excellent clubhouse/bar with good atmosphere there always, good shop Paul Coleman sound, its a tough course.

The cons are its always windy, at least 5 greens are sloped too severely and the bunkers are rarely in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Joined Cobh this year as a country member.
    Is a good test with good practice facilities.
    All I've met are very friendly and welcoming

• Advertisement

What is the procedure in terms of moving handicap, etc? Is a new GUI card needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

What is the procedure in terms of moving handicap, etc? Is a new GUI card needed?

New club will apply to have your handicap transferred. You'll get a new number and card then. It's all straightforward.

Any deals around for 2018?

I’ve not played since end of 2015 but hopefully getting back at it next year

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommypepper

Any deals around for 2018?

I’ve not played since end of 2015 but hopefully getting back at it next year

Haven't heard anything new in cork. No surprise! Cork has never had a great choice of quality courses at good prices.

Cobh and Blarney probably still cheapest within 10 miles of city. Muskerry over 1400 after year one. LV 1200. Douglas, monkstown, cork, fota all have joining fee.

Same old same old

Blarney probably an option for me as only around 8 miles from course and €850 for the year isn’t bad money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Blarney probably an option for me as only around 8 miles from course and €850 for the year isn’t bad money

That's decent. I got cobh for 650 but that's a year 1 membership, so will work out the same next year.

What’s cobh in year 2?

I’m not that far from there either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yipsnomore wrote: »
    Yes its quite wet in winter. The good points about LV are monthly DD, excellent clubhouse/bar with good atmosphere there always, good shop Paul Coleman sound, its a tough course.

The cons are its always windy, at least 5 greens are sloped too severely and the bunkers are rarely in good condition.
    Paul Coleman is gone from there, pro shop not up to much now. Unfortunately he couldn’t compete with the likes of AG. Don’t think he’s in the golf business at all now but open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Macroom will be cheaper in year 1 around €500 rising to €800

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

yipsnomore wrote: »

I think LV is a good course, can’t complain about the bunkers from my experience.

Some greens are very sloped. 2nd, 9th are sloped and tougher than most when they are fast

What’s cobh in year 2?

I’m not that far from there either

Think at the moment 800-850

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Castlemartyr is €1,250 for full 7-day membership and €900 for 5-day membership. Not sure if they apply a joining fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

Castlemartyr has a joining fee charge of €500 for the intermediate categories and €1,000 for the Gents & Senior Gents.

GENTS :
    FULL 7 DAY (*Early Bird) €1,100
    FULL 7 DAY €1,250
    5 DAY (*Early Bird) €700
    5 DAY €900
    LADIES:
    FULL 7 DAY (*Early Bird) €800
    FULL 7 DAY €900
    SENIORS: LADIES & GENTS +60yrs
    (proof of age required)
    FULL 7 DAY (*Early Bird) €800
    FULL 7 DAY €900
    5 DAY €700
    INTERMEDIATE: (proof of age required)
    18-24Yyrs €450
    25-30yr €650

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

What's the early bird???

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

paying membership before a certain date .. mitchelstown offering great rates too.. and distance membership if your 70 km away from it ..

• Advertisement

opti76 wrote: »
    paying membership before a certain date .. mitchelstown offering great rates too.. and distance membership if your 70 km away from it ..

Was member of Mitchelstown before. Contacting them last year for large group of us. Ex-members, gone out of the club a few years. Was told it was 695 euro for membership, so we went elsewhere the four of us. I saw on the Facebook alright it was 350 euro or something for each of us now. Our rates were going from 425 to 695 for renewal hence why we left.

They are haemoragging members from what I heard and hence the big reduction. Too late for us anyway, we are all settled into a new club last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

Saw a great offer for Dungarvan Golf Club of €300 for new members. Thought it was great value for Money. Close enough to Cork too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Saw a great offer for Dungarvan Golf Club of €300 for new members. Thought it was great value for Money. Close enough to Cork too!

Was a member there years ago,
    Its not close to Cork, and a game of golf is a complete day if you are travelling from the city. If you play once a week add up your petrol as well

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

Dbu wrote: »
    Was a member there years ago,
    Its not close to Cork, and a game of golf is a complete day if you are travelling from the city. If you play once a week add up your petrol as well

Fair enough, for people in East Cork it is an option though. Was just trying to help.

Dungarvan is a lovely course alright in fairness. Great value at €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 uche

Anyone played muskerry? Student membership 551 for the year.
    Is it a tough course

uche wrote: »
    Anyone played muskerry? Student membership 551 for the year.
    Is it a tough course

I liked the course, it's very hilly but fair. That's a very good price

Advertisement