Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A view from the boundary - off-topic discussion

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Too bad Sky never got the rights, I was hopeful when I saw they have the women's BBL now. Have yet to hear anything about the commentary team. More than likely use the covid excuse and take the Aussie stuff so potentially awful. At least Vaughan won't be on it this time. Have BT in since the last Ashes so can't help you. No idea what it costs without checking.

This is just tremendous. An interview with John Arlott, after his retirement. A touch of the wheeze to be heard from the emphysema that would kill him, but the voice, the humanity all intact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alncBZuE5OQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

IPL cricket….

I am a cricket fan obviously but I now absolutely hate this competition & format of the sport with a passion.

Cameras too regularly focusing on dancers, cheerleaders, grinning fans, tacky ugly luminous kits with every centimetre practically taken up with some sort of gaudy sponsorship logo / sticker and players only loyal to the number on their paycheck... But, what I’m seeing now which displeases me immensely is… players can now challenge even the most basic decisions made by the umpires such as wides and no balls…adding to delays and eroding the authority and by proxy undermining of the umpires even making the most basic decisions… WHY did the ICC exceed to that idea / request ? Completely without merit.

It’s sport… what next, soccer, ohh we’ll have player’s send for review the most basic stuff like throw ins, corners, free kicks, yellow cards ? … Because when you have cricketers reviewing wides and no balls it’s just a bit of a farce on the same level. Doesn’t matter if a wicket falls, they can review these decisions regardless….

I’ve no problem with technology assisting and helping the sport where necessary, LBW shouts it’s 1000% necessary…but ****, that IPL is an absolute jokeshop of a competition……..

just trying too hard to be ‘interactive’, techy, different, glitzy and edgy……..and of course it’s $$$$$$$$ but to me and anyone I know watching IPL cricket it’s zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Players don’t give a shît, Tim Southee who I looked up as he was on screen has already played for 5 different IPL franchises. Just a franchise hopper like the rest of them…. $$$$$$$… only for one franchise has he played for more than one campaign.

Will we see in test cricket in the future… the likes of these timeouts, player’s reviewing every and any umpiring decision ? The problem could be if the standards and ‘traditions’ of IPL become a cancer in the sport and we are left with the sport just being enjoyed by the grinners, tech fanatics and event junkies and enduring hopeless tweaks of every law in the game just to be modern and different. It’s boring.

Advertisement