Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snagging

Options
  • 14-05-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I got a snag list done and my re inspection is soon.

Should I get the surveyor again to come out or better to go trough the list and if it has been fixed myself ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WengerOutIn

Hi, just wondering who did you get to do the snag list for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnRDublin

I've been told to get the snag surveyor to do the re-inspection too. Looking for one myself at present, was recommended a company. Has anyone had any dealings with them? A friend used and said they were good..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

It depends on the complexity of the snag list, your competencies and the value of the items on the snag list compared with the cost of the re visit.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It depends what is found during the first snag whether or not you'll need to hire a snagger again for the follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

Hi guys,

Just completed the snagging of our home there and planning to forward the list on to the Glenveagh who built the homes.

Obviously we found the usual things such as scuff marks and chips out of doors or repainting in small areas.
    Just wondering if you can include none physical issues with items. So for example dirty windows, stickers on vexul windows, filler in an area or two that isn't neat looking, skid marks in toilet (obviously from a builder).

I'm just asking as these issues can obviously be easy cleaned or done by ourselves. You obviously want a new build that is in a good physical condition, but also the same by a clean point of view. Is there any harm in including stuff like this, or will it be left.

Appreciate the replies in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

steve2012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just completed the snagging of our home there and planning to forward the list on to the Glenveagh who built the homes.

Obviously we found the usual things such as scuff marks and chips out of doors or repainting in small areas.
    Just wondering if you can include none physical issues with items. So for example dirty windows, stickers on vexul windows, filler in an area or two that isn't neat looking, skid marks in toilet (obviously from a builder).

I'm just asking as these issues can obviously be easy cleaned or done by ourselves. You obviously want a new build that is in a good physical condition, but also the same by a clean point of view. Is there any harm in including stuff like this, or will it be left.

The toilet, maybe not. But otherwise I would put down every last thing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

steve2012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

You can put everything on the list but you need to pick your battles and focus your time on getting them fixing the big issues.

Things like dirty windows and stickers on windows are not things I'd get hung up on.

Advertisement