Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I swear I’ve no idea how I still get countered and left 2v1 off of my own corner when I’ve set them to 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Regretting doing Ballack now. Sanchez is not a CDM but Jones is. Which means Ballack gets dropped and Jones /Sanchez in midfield with CR7, Mbappe, Garrincha and Aouar up front.
    Which means I’ve 2 mill maybe 4mil spare if IF pays off. So new LB/RB and maybe someone to replace Campbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mid or Prime Icon pack from swaps....87 Crespo. Pathetic reward

I've done 5 icon packs and gotten:
    Prime or mid: Mid Riquelme
    Mid: Mid Cantona
    Pick: Mid Torres
    Prime: Prime Schmeichel
    Prime or Mid: Mid Crespo

Absolutely dreadful. Wouldn't even think of buying any of them on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Button delay and lag has been horrific for me the past couple of days, players playing like they’re running in treacle or just running aimlessly into touch and nothing I can do to stop them! Had one instance in a rivals game when Koeman passed it back to Alisson who then just proceeded to kick it in for an own goal.

Game has just been virtually unplayable

AdamD wrote: »
    Mid or Prime Icon pack from swaps....87 Crespo. Pathetic reward

I've done 5 icon packs and gotten:
    Prime or mid: Mid Riquelme
    Mid: Mid Cantona
    Pick: Mid Torres
    Prime: Prime Schmeichel
    Prime or Mid: Mid Crespo

Absolutely dreadful. Wouldn't even think of buying any of them on the market

Mid Cantona is definitely a win.
    Torres at the start yes but the rest are awful alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I swear I’ve no idea how I still get countered and left 2v1 off of my own corner when I’ve set them to 1.

I actually hate getting corners at this point.

I genuinely think I concede more from my own corners than score! :pac:

Blazer wrote: »
    Which means I’ve 2 mill maybe 4mil spare if IF pays off. So new LB/RB and maybe someone to replace Campbell.

PIM Cannavaro seems to get amazing reviews online.

If the IF's pay out over the next couple of weeks I think I'll just splash the profits on two top class CB's.

I'm eyeing up that PIM Cannavaro plus maybe TOTY Van Dijk alongside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

BrentMused wrote: »
    PIM Cannavaro seems to get amazing reviews online.

If the IF's pay out over the next couple of weeks I think I'll just splash the profits on two top class CB's.

I'm eyeing up that PIM Cannavaro plus maybe TOTY Van Dijk alongside him.

Will these IFs ever rise again!? :D been sitting on these ones for a while now, guessing there won't be a new promo today so will have to wait until next Friday and fingers crossed there'll be a very tempting SBC for everyone, worries then would be that they'll release another TOTW SBC

RedRochey wrote: »
    Will these IFs ever rise again!? :D been sitting on these ones for a while now, guessing there won't be a new promo today so will have to wait until next Friday and fingers crossed there'll be a very tempting SBC for everyone, worries then would be that they'll release another TOTW SBC

It really will all just depend on when they release Icon content again.

Now it is EA after all so it's hard to predict what they will do and when, but with FUT Birthday ending today, surely they will have to release some sort of Icon SBC (player pick or prime/moments pack heavily weighted towards prime) either this evening or on Sunday?

It feels like I've been holding my IF's forever at this point waiting for content to drop as I have all my coins tied up in it, but it's only been a little over a week I suppose and they can take anywhere up to 4 weeks to rocket up :pac:

Agreed though, if they do a guaranteed TOTW SBC again it will have an impact. Maybe they saw what happened to IF fodder last time they asked for 2 TOTW's and have decided they don't want the market to go mental again and will put those steps in place to alleviate it.

Lets hope for icon content this weekend with TOTW requirements and no TOTW SBC to assist :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Going to run this for the weekend, went on a great run last night with it, only lost one game and rose to over 1800SR for the first time this year.

97-FA454-C-4-D14-4-CC0-8-F86-B50375-A3-C6-F7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

RedRochey wrote: »

They will, this method of trading just requires more patience than any of the others Could easily be sitting here for three or four weeks before they jump in price again. At that stage people usually start slashing the price and panic selling, which is the time to double down and buy more imo :D

I have about 800k invested in Hennessy, Mateus Pereira, Trossard, Shaqiri, Aurier & Montipo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got Record Breaker Donnarumma from my Partybag, not great but he fits my teams nicely (icons and Smalling always at the back) and will surely be an upgrade on base Pope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Done the 82-88 sbc now 5 times, Dybala out twice, Strakosha out twice, Joao Moutinho the other

Done the 82-88 sbc now 5 times, Dybala out twice, Strakosha out twice, Joao Moutinho the other

I’d kill for Dybala twice :)

I’d forgotten about the SBC but did a couple this morning whilst I was waiting for my work laptop to fire up. Only opened one of them - 83 Vertonghen, expect the other one to be an 82. Only seem to get the bare minimum with these SBCs. Hoping that there will be a player pick SBC tonight or over the weekend although my returns from previous ones were hardly great

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’d kill for Dybala twice :)

I’d forgotten about the SBC but did a couple this morning whilst I was waiting for my work laptop to fire up. Only opened one of them - 83 Vertonghen, expect the other one to be an 82. Only seem to get the bare minimum with these SBCs. Hoping that there will be a player pick SBC tonight or over the weekend although my returns from previous ones were hardly great

He doesnt really fit my team, as i run a la liga team with 91 Suarez and 94 Benzema up front, but will keep him on the bench as i have Aguero, and Alejandro Gomez to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He doesnt really fit my team, as i run a la liga team with 91 Suarez and 94 Benzema up front, but will keep him on the bench as i have Aguero, and Alejandro Gomez to

Think he might have meant for fodder. No one is using gold Dybala in April.

RossieMan wrote: »

You'd be surprised, im still seeing plenty of him, a lot of the teams set up this year are still using him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I can't see how anyone using Gold Dybala wouldn't have done his Moments SBC considering it cost nothing.

RossieMan wrote: »

Yeah I would love Dybala x2 to use as fodder. I’ve invested into 4 parts of Kluivert so still need to do the last 3 high rated portions so a couple of 88s would help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Got RTTF Peres from my party bag, already have WhatIF Mababu and Trent so have no use for him.

Haven't played Fifa in a few years but my pack luck is really good, below is what I have packed in the last few weeks that I remember

What If Kante - sold him for 2.8 mil
    Mbappe three times - sold one, other two untradeable
    Moments Pirlo - untradeable
    Salah twice - both untradeable

This is my current team, all untradeable apart from Van Dijk and Alisson. Not sure where I can improve but will prob get rid of Keane, not great at winning the ball

• Advertisement

I actually hate getting corners at this point.

I genuinely think I concede more from my own corners than score! :pac:

Oh 100%. Seemed like every corner I got last night, I got countered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Start in a 4-2-2-2.
    Allison
    Shaw Bailly puyol mbabu
    Keane Sanchez
    Jones Rui Costa
    Kluivert mbappe.

Much better side than what you're currently running.

I'd be grinding for choudary to replace Keane being honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2-7 today :( I cannot buy a win for my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lord TSC wrote: »
    2-7 today :( I cannot buy a win for my life.

Off work today and decided to get a few of my div rivals games played just now.

The worst gameplay I have experienced in Fifa 21, is this game always this bad during a weekday?

Not a single player will respond, and I mean they won't make a tackle, intercept a pass, dribble or even offer for a pass. I can't put my opponent under any pressure and there players feel like they all have a speed boost.

Played 6, lost 6 vs very poor players 200-300 SR below me. My opponents players are able to walk through me and their slower players are beating me to every ball. Basically playing with statues.

I never really moan about gameplay because for the most part I'm usually lucky enough that it's fine, but I'm experiencing the same today lads.

Just playing Rivals and experiencing literally the exact same as Parawind above.

Getting beaten by poorer players (I know that sounds bitter and the nature of FIFA means the better player won't always win) but it feels like my players have been slowed down dramatically. Players not following the instructions I have set for them being the main issue as well as everything else he mentioned.

I seem to have great connection when you guys are complaining, I've started 3-0 so far, banging in the goals!!

Finally completed the rivals swap. Opened the prime/moment pack... out walks Prime Van Nistlerooy :( add that to the ever-growing list of Utd icons I’ve packed from guaranteed icon packs... salt in the wounds.

Genuinely don't think I've seen one person get a top Moments card from those Prime/Moments icon swaps packs.

The weight was absolutely horrendous. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I never really moan about gameplay because for the most part I'm usually lucky enough that it's fine, but I'm experiencing the same today lads.

Just playing Rivals and experiencing literally the exact same as Parawind above.

Getting beaten by poorer players (I know that sounds bitter and the nature of FIFA means the better player won't always win) but it feels like my players have been slowed down dramatically. Players not following the instructions I have set for them being the main issue as well as everything else he mentioned.

I am passed the point of even being bitter, losing to worse players can happen and I don't mind it. But the game has broke me today, I am getting smashed conceding 5-6 goals and can't even get my attackers to take a decent touch. No matter where my players are on the pitch or what formation and tactics I have tried every passing option is marked and the opponent can just steam roll through my players.

FUT Player Days coming at 6pm.

FFS, what an awful promo that was the first time round and now we have it again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FFS, what an awful promo that was the first time round and now we have it again :rolleyes:

At least this time round we’ve got rumours of icon SBCs too... mind you, my club is bare for fodder.

Edit: never mind, looks ****. No free packs :( pretty much just a best of TOTW and 81+ picks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Chanced one of the 2 for 1 50k packs.

Freeze Saint Maximin! Selling at 460k!
    Result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Parawind wrote: »
    I am passed the point of even being bitter, losing to worse players can happen and I don't mind it. But the game has broke me today, I am getting smashed conceding 5-6 goals and can't even get my attackers to take a decent touch. No matter where my players are on the pitch or what formation and tactics I have tried every passing option is marked and the opponent can just steam roll through my players.

Last night I was the exact same for me , won 5 games there today back to back. A break always helps

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I seem to have great connection when you guys are complaining, I've started 3-0 so far, banging in the goals!!

Brought crashing back down to earth 3-3 now, I lost two games that I was leading in with last minute winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

The half price premium gold players pack at 12,500 coins is worth buying as all golds going for 800 so if you’re really unlucky most you’ll lose is 3k but you have chance of packing something decent.

Got nothing spectacular myself, but 4 84’s and a Joe Gomez gave me a slight profit

After the disaster of this afternoon's gameplay I took a break and went back at it tonight.

I've never played full backs at CB, not because I'm against it or anything, but decided to try something different.

Normal gold Kyle Walker in at CB for the craic and the difference was noticeable immediately.

6 wins in a row and 4 clean sheets.

I can see why most people play full backs at CB now although I did notice when performing a standing tackle the ball ends up with the attacker far more often than it does with normal CB's as they don't seem to tackle as cleanly, and he went walkabout a bit too.

Overall though I think I'll continue with it for a while and see how it goes. I might buy that right back version of Reece James as he's very highly rated as a CB online.

He's around 550k at the moment, anyone tried him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

4-1 at the minute. Messi sitting on 16 goals from 5 games. Half the reason for that is the servers - they're really bad tonight. Anytime the ball gets inside the box it's a goal, you can't get a tackle in. It's wild how EA can't get them right.

The only good thing about prime Van Nistelrooy is his Dutch links.. can’t make runs, can’t dribble, can’t head the ball, can’t hold players off. Would it have killed you EA to give me someone semi-usable :pac: I’d even take a PIM Nakata or Litmanen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Got my Icon swaps token for 15 WL wins. CBA grinding any of the squad battles so threw my 10 swap tokens into the mid/prime.

lxjkX5.gif

meh

• Advertisement

The only good thing about prime Van Nistelrooy is his Dutch links.. can’t make runs, can’t dribble, can’t head the ball, can’t hold players off. Would it have killed you EA to give me someone semi-usable :pac: I’d even take a PIM Nakata or Litmanen.

Wouldn’t mind but his moments card I found brilliant last year.
    The way EA are going they might as well drop all icons bar Cruyff. R9, Cantona,Best, Pele, Zidane, Gullit, Eusebio, Puskas, Ronaldinho, maybe 4-5 others and drop the rest. It’s farcical how bad they’re making icons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

dmigsy wrote: »
    Got my Icon swaps token for 15 WL wins. CBA grinding any of the squad battles so threw my 10 swap tokens into the mid/prime.

lxjkX5.gif

meh

If you could put koeman in defence and him im midfield and swap them with quick tactics then you have two excellent players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

The way EA are going they might as well drop all icons bar Cruyff. R9, Cantona,Best, Pele, Zidane, Gullit, Eusebio, Puskas, Ronaldinho, maybe 4-5 others and drop the rest. It’s farcical how bad they’re making icons.

Like there's a 20% chance of getting something good and maybe the same of getting something ok and half of them are complete dogshÍt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I now have Mid Torres and Mid Crespo in my club and whilst I'll continue to use Torres, he's pretty much on par with the free Reinier card we got quite a while back, Crespo likely worse.

Gameplay a lot better this morning. CR7 and Mbappe are just slicing through teams.

That obafemi martins reward card is an amazing supersub

• Advertisement

Gameplay a lot better this morning. CR7 and Mbappe are just slicing through teams.

I've won 12 in a row including last night (it's only Rivals but still!).

Getting rid of baby Vidic and FS Fofana for base van Dijk and base Walker (RB) at CB has made all the difference. I used to find base VVD too slow and cumbersome whenever I tried him but paired with a speedster like Walker his faults are less obvious.

Also Bruno Fernandes is one of those elite players I was never able to get the best out of, so I used to just sub his TOTGS card that I packed from a party bag months ago out at kick-off for Neymar.

During my bad run I said I'd give Bruno another go and I'm really enjoying him so I'm on this run despite keeping Neymar on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It really is, if you take shearer, ruud and even to a certain extent Henry, they were absolutely lethal in real life and you just can’t really use ruud or shearer in fifa and Henry should be one of the best players in the game.

Yet you have players like Ryan kent, richarlison or saint maxim who have done nothing as footballers really as much better than them.

Also Bruno Fernandes is one of those elite players I was never able to get the best out of, so I used to just sub his TOTGS card that I packed from a party bag months ago out at kick-off for Neymar.

During my bad run I said I'd give Bruno another go and I'm really enjoying him so I'm on this run despite keeping Neymar on the bench!

I’d love to slot Neymar in but with my Mbappe motm card who’s LW I can’t fit both him and CR7 in.
    And CR7 is a beast. Playing 4231 with CR7 at CAM, Mbappe at ST and both are incredible.
    l’ll definitely have to get CR7’s tots card.

100%. The likes of Alan Shearer, Bobby Moore etc shouldn’t be as bad as they are. I’ll still probably use Van Nistelrooy anyway cos of his links.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Needed a 93rd minute winner in the final game but somehow managed to scrape 14 wins.

It’s not even funny how hard Ronaldo carries me. Like, it’s scary how easy he turns an 11 wins weekend into a 14 wins one, through sheer BS bounces, shots, etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement