Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sabine Schmitz - RIP

• 17-03-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Sabine Schmitz dead: Top Gear star and 'Queen of the Nürburgring' racing driver dies, aged 51

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭sligopaul

RIP Sabine , what a top woman

lasting memories of the nurburgring in a transit van

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Terrible, loved when she made mincemeat of Clarkson in the Jag the first time she was on Top Gear. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Her racing career was a real inspiration, and while many remember her for the top gear episodes, her influence on the modern history of the Ring is phenomenal. Her legacy will be long lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

RIP Sabine Scmitz.

What an amazing women

She would have made a great Top Gear presenter.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭XLR 8

May she rest in peace. Gone way too early 😴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Jesus just in tears seeing this tragic news , what a woman who achieved things mortals could not do and that race in that transit is etched in my head and others driving on that track that day.Thank you for the impossible in what you did and loved by all.

R I P SABINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

That's very sad. I had a bit of a thing for her.

I tend to like Jolly Germans.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Very sad news she was a lovely woman, rip Sabine. (She sure could handle a transit van).

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Very sad news, rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

She worked the BMW ring taxi also:

Shame the guy filming didn't just shut up and enjoy the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'd say being in the ring taxi with her would have been savage, she's passing people like it's nothing and she's so calm talking to the guy.

€290 a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

That's awful news. Sabine was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So sorry to read that. So young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

So sad to hear, she was an amazing driver and always had time for the fans. Heard so many great stories about her from people at the ring, she will be sorely missed.

There is a petition gaining alot of traction to get one of the corners named after her set up by the guys from bridge to gantry, i normally dont like this kinda thing so close to a death but its definitely deserved, if any of you are interested here is a link.

https://www.change.org/p/n%C3%BCrburgring-1927-gmbh-co-kg-name-a-corner-of-the-n%C3%BCrburgring-nordschleife-after-sabine-schmitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Very sad, such a talent and such a nice girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I don't normally do this kind of thing either, but she was such a talent, her legacy deserves to live on. Such a trailblazer for women in motorsport too, proof that girls could do motor racing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,409 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She was cool,

AMKC wrote: »
    She would have made a great Top Gear presenter.

She did. That season with Chris Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So sad, taken too soon.

Rest in peace Sabine.

projectgtr wrote: »
    So sad to hear, she was an amazing driver and always had time for the fans. Heard so many great stories about her from people at the ring, she will be sorely missed.

There is a petition gaining alot of traction to get one of the corners named after her set up by the guys from bridge to gantry, i normally dont like this kinda thing so close to a death but its definitely deserved, if any of you are interested here is a link.

https://www.change.org/p/n%C3%BCrburgring-1927-gmbh-co-kg-name-a-corner-of-the-n%C3%BCrburgring-nordschleife-after-sabine-schmitz

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great lady and a proper peddler. Always thought I might see her at Le Mans but not to be.

RIP, far too young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭whippet

I saw her in the car park at the Ring when I was doing a tourist day .. as soon as she got out of the car she was mobbed by the crowd ... she really was loved there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Fu(king cancer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Bigus wrote: »

If anyone ever wanted to see what joy looks like then this video shows it all. What a talent. She will be missed.

RIP Sabine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Terribly sad news. Herself and Murray Walker will have some craic on the bus journey to the sky.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For anyone interested BBC made a Top Gear special tribute to Sabine. Current and previous Top Gear presenters contributed to it. It has already been on BBC iPlayer if you can access it or it's online through other means.

Friday 9th April @ 7:35pm on BBC1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Available here:

https://www.facebook.com/mikedsilvaengines/videos/194693365554338

Well worth watching, a fitting tribute to an absolute legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Probably won't stay up long but here's a YouTube link:

bazz26 wrote: »
    For anyone interested BBC made a Top Gear special tribute to Sabine. Current and previous Top Gear presenters contributed to it. It has already been on BBC iPlayer if you can access it or it's online through other means.

Friday 9th April @ 7:35pm on BBC1.

Is this a repeat of the one shown on Tuesday?

Yes, it was shown on certain regional variants of BBC1 on Tuesday but not on the BBC1 Northern Ireland variant which is the main one we get here. It is also on BBC iPlayer but you need to use a VPN to get around the geolocation blocking.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yes, it was shown on certain regional variants of BBC1 on Tuesday but not on the BBC1 Northern Ireland variant which is the main one we get here. It is also on BBC iPlayer but you need to use a VPN to get around the geolocation blocking.

Just checked I had recorded it on BBC 1 HD I have that in my favourites and tend to use it more often than the NI version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was on BBc1 london on wednesday night thought it was done well enjoyed seeing chris evans get sick after sabine driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Not ashamed to say, I was welling up watching that.

• Advertisement

Not ashamed to say, I was welling up watching that.

Everyone was I’d imagine.

They should be naming that entire circuit after her, not just one corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Such a sad loss,so young and full of the joys of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I missed the BBC show to remember Sabine does anyone know if it is due to be repeated on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its currently available in its entirety on YouTube, username Fast Cars of Australia.

Unless you have access to BBC iPlayer I doubt it will be broadcast on Television again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement