Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Apartment complex in Dublin

Options
  • 07-04-2021 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I hear so much about what and where not to buy (less than 20 years old, post 90s, etc.) but never where you should buy.

I'd like to know people's opinion on what are GOOD apartments to look at in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Why less than 20 years old? Depending n what you mean by “best”, you might find that some of them are significantly older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I rented in Ardilea Crescent for a while. Very warm. Very comfortable. Convenient. New.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dkav9

Lived in an apartment in Cathedral Court in D8 recently. It was a small 1 bed but it was very warm and very well soundproofed. I'd still be there but for covid I'd say (wasn't very comfortable for two people wfh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Bushy park house is nice, anything Kennedy Wilson is to be fair and they are all furnished.

Pricey and not the most easy to deal with it either

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Any estate built by O'Malley Construction Company, Wyckham Point in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

South Dock apartments, Ringsend Road has brilliant soundproofing, I think it may be because it was originally a HQ for the Glass Bottle Company, all the wall are solid concrete , no sound can be heard from neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

South Dock apartments, Ringsend Road has brilliant soundproofing, I think it may be because it was originally a HQ for the Glass Bottle Company, all the wall are solid concrete , no sound can be heard from neighbors.

soundproofing is the key, don't accept an apartment that has any rules against wood floors throughout and its a good idea to view at 6pm or so, see what you can hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dkav9 wrote: »
    Lived in an apartment in Cathedral Court in D8 recently. It was a small 1 bed but it was very warm and very well soundproofed. I'd still be there but for covid I'd say (wasn't very comfortable for two people wfh)

Were they not in the news a year or 2 back for some structural/fire issue that needed a heap of money to fix?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Addison Hall in Glasnevin are very nice apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

soundproofing is the key, don't accept an apartment that has any rules against wood floors throughout and its a good idea to view at 6pm or so, see what you can hear.

Regardless of the rules about wood flooring, most units have them and not much the Management company can do about that as the directors also have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dkav9

retalivity wrote: »
    Were they not in the news a year or 2 back for some structural/fire issue that needed a heap of money to fix?

yep, but as i was renting it didnt affect me financially. think it was only a few blocks that were affected. out of there now but couldn't complain about the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

If you are looking for a "budget" apartment, Westend Gate in Tallaght (across from the Square) are very well insulated and never heard a thing from any neighbours on any side. 2 bed in the region of 225-250k from recent sales.

Advertisement