Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with purchase of Koleos

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TenBeers

fryup wrote: »
    here download and use this to make pic's smaller (its easy to use)

back to topic: no way would i accept that, seems to me they did it out of spite...did you have a heated argument with them in the past? or something?

It was definitely done out of spite. I am quite sure of this.
    They had the car for quite a long time as I did not want to take the car back without some assurances that this would not happen again. I am still waiting for this.

I always told them that I had no issue with the dealership and that I blamed Renault for the issues with the car. Looking back, I couldn't have been more wrong. They were both as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

I think the OP is allowed a rant as the dealer experience has been horrible and the distributor is doing nothing. The amount of driving they have have done in your car is not acceptable too, nor is leaving it back such bad condition. You are out of pocket and time getting it cleaned by them too so that’s not really a big benefit.

These cars have ad blue which really reduced the number of regenerations and with your driving not being short trips I doubt it’s DPF related at all, but the dealer should really be able to get a fix either way. It’s a pity your so far from another dealer - I had a Renault up to five years ago and got great service between main dealers in Westmeath, Swords and Kerry

I would not hesitate stating all over social media the issues you are having - one of the most effective ways is to comment on Facebook or Twitter advertising posts by Renault asking if they threat all customers the same way as you etc.

Casati wrote: »
    I think the OP is allowed a rant as the dealer experience has been horrible and the distributor is doing nothing. The amount of driving they have have done in your car is not acceptable too, nor is leaving it back such bad condition. You are out of pocket and time getting it cleaned by them too so that’s not really a big benefit.

These cars have ad blue which really reduced the number of regenerations and with your driving not being short trips I doubt it’s DPF related at all, but the dealer should really be able to get a fix either way. It’s a pity your so far from another dealer - I had a Renault up to five years ago and got great service between main dealers in Westmeath, Swords and Kerry

I would not hesitate stating all over social media the issues you are having - one of the most effective ways is to comment on Facebook or Twitter advertising posts by Renault asking if they threat all customers the same way as you etc.

Obviously I agree :-D

Here is an example of good customer service I had recently:

Bought an internet radio (€60) for elderly parent so they can listen to few radio stations that play the music they like. It was a German company.
    Radio didn't work and returned it at no cost to myself.
    Few weeks later still nothing from retailer so contact them on live-chat.
    They offer full refund and as way of apology give €20 voucher as well.
    Go on their website and purchase 2 internet radios for €80 after using the voucher. All delivered last few days and all working perfectly. Everybody HAPPY.
    Hopefully there is no problem advertising the shop: https://www.hifi-tower.ie/

Then there is Renault and their dealership in Mayo (I presume I cant name them) who treat customers like dog sh1t even after spending tens of thousands on their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

TenBeers wrote: »

Then there is Renault and their dealership in Mayo (I presume I cant name them)

Don't know why tip-toeing around that one. You've already named them,there being only one Renault dealer in county Mayo :)

Don't know why tip-toeing around that one. You've already named them,there being only one Renault dealer in county Mayo :)

😜😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

OP what happened about the Interest rate discrepancy, there's a big difference between 9.4% and 4.9% .

OP what happened about the Interest rate discrepancy, there's a big difference between 9.4% and 4.9% .

It was changed back to the agreed 4.9% before the first payment.
    Both dealer and Renault bank blamed each other for the discrepancy.
    Still don't know who tried to fiddle me out of the extra interest.

Advertisement