Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Plug TECKIN 13A WiFi Socket

Options
  • 02-12-2019 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Anyone used the above Teckin smart plugs? Got a pair nice and cheap from amazon so going to use them for Christmas lights to begin with.

They are on lightning deal at the mo if anyone is interested. I have a lot of hue products but don't think these are zigbee enabled but still look ok for the money. One thing i wasn't sure of what is the significance of the 13amp in the title? Isnt that just a normal plug voltage? I presume it means you couldnt use them on an oven or something power hungry?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

13 amp is standard.
    i have 4 of them , working away fine, bit fiddly to set them up but after that havn't had a problem ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

John mac wrote: »
    13 amp is standard.
    i have 4 of them , working away fine, bit fiddly to set them up but after that havn't had a problem ,

Sorry for digging up but how did you set them up? I've recently switched to EIR fiber and now can't set up any of my smart plugs or bulbs. Bought new ones and still can't do it with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

make sure your 2.4 wifi is on, and that there is a wifi signal getting to them .
    they are a bit temperamental ,
    set two up outside (in weatherproof boxes) at christmas and took a bit of to get them going .
    but other than that no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Damokc wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up but how did you set them up? I've recently switched to EIR fiber and now can't set up any of my smart plugs or bulbs. Bought new ones and still can't do it with Eir

Make sure you have the Smartlife app installed.
    Select ADD (+) new device.
    Select SOCKET/WiFi/2.4ghz
    Follow on screen instructions

Advertisement