Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook local community group - public or private?

• 08-04-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hi, I run a local community Facebook "Page" for my village/area. There are around 700 followers. I have an issue where my followers can't post directly onto the page, so I'm spending a lot of admin time in re-posting their messages and posts onto the page.

I'm looking to recreate a "group" instead of this page (evetually close the page) to allow my followers to join as members, so they should be able to interact more easily.

My question is, should I keep this group open or should I mark it as private? I'm only concerned about getting spam and fake users trying to access it.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the info on the page is only for the villagers and no-one else then a private group could be good.

Advertisement