Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google nest hub max

Options
  • 10-03-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

I understand this has a front camera for video calls, is it available to buy in Ireland? Any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

dragona wrote: »
    I understand this has a front camera for video calls, is it available to buy in Ireland? Any good?

I don't think it can bought directly from Google in Ireland but you can get it through their UK store or through vendors like Curry's, I got mine through Google UK and Parcelmotel but that option isn't available anymore I don't think.

I find it great, I keep mine on the kitchen window and it's used as the main hub, used to control most of the lights downstairs, the heat, play music, etc. Have used it for Duo calls a few times but not that often, have to say it's completely fine, as we've too much technology in the house there's loads of other options for video calls that are just handier rather than moving the hug. The camera is very handy for monitoring the children in the kitchen though, it's linked with Nest Protect as well so if there's an alert downstairs it sends a picture.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dragona wrote: »

Down to €215 delivered here - no extra Brexit related charges.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/google-nest-hub-max--nbspcharcoal/1600399689.prd

Have one to go with the few normal hubs we have, use the video calling function weekly for relatives abroad. Camera moves around automatically- highly recommend.

As above the doorbell (also nest) shows on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have one as well, sound is savage from it. Works as security camera also with Nest Aware.

Advertisement