Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scary being outside myself watching myself

Options
  • 25-03-2021 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

When i lose my temper or something annoys me and i challenge someone it seems i am outside myself looking at myself

It is always with a reason and the last time was someone littering. i wasn't abusive to them just said this road is not a depository for your rubbish.

I am never abusive or threatening but the scary part is I sometimes cannot stop and it is like i am outside myself watching myself

Mostly i can stop not react but the times i cannot, and sometimes such people need to be challenged but it is scary being outside myself watching myself

Has anyone had that or know about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Might you be experiencing depersonalization? Id suggest counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Apoapsis Rex

You were right to challenge people for littering. I think if you do it subconsciously it shows how much you care about your local environment.

I too would normally not hurt a fly. On the rare occasion I beep the horn when I'm driving, for instance someone blocking an entire left turn lane because they want to go straight and don't have room to rejoin the correct lane.

I immediately feel a guilt and that it wasnt really me to be giving out about what could have been a simple mistake. It felt like the process of thinking of which reaction to make was skipped and I just started blaring the horn.

I wouldn't think its something to need councillors about, I think it's a natural reaction.

Advertisement