Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Times for Gallbladder Removal Surgery.

Options
  • 10-03-2021 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi everyone. I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I (27F) was diagnosed with gallstones yesterday after having been admitted to A&E in October with excruciating stomach pain. I've been dealing with stomach pain on and off since I was around 20 but had chalked it up to indigestion before this specific attack. The nurse said that my gallbladder was in a very bad way and that I would definitely have to get it removed, but she was unable to tell me when I'd be able to get the surgery done. Has anyone got any idea what the public waiting lists for the surgery are looking like these days? Thankfully I've been avoiding fatty foods since my stint in hospital and I haven't had an attack in months, but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time.

Advertisement