Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnification with prescription lenses

Options
  • 18-02-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

I went to Specsavers and got my eyes tested as I'm at the age where I need reading glasses for reading stuff such as labels on jars. So I got glasses from them which are fine for that.

However, I specifically asked that I get them so that they can magnify the screen of my laptop. The screen resolution is UHD (basically close to 4K) on a 13 inch laptop.

With the glasses, I have to lean in to read the screen (it's impossible to do without them), but I even brought in my laptop and showed the optician that I need glasses that will magnify that so I don't have to lean in. However they did their tests, as they do, and I ended up with these glasses that are 1.0 Add.

My question now is how can I order glasses online using the prescription, how can I adjust the Add to make sure I can read my screen, i.e. magnified at the normal sitting distance?

Advertisement