Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom Blind Dates

Options
  • 01-02-2021 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I had an idea last lockdown, and talking to friends it resurfaced again. Would anyone be interested in a "First Dates" style online service thing, where you fill out a questionnaire, and you are given a time and password for Zoom. Then you meet someone whose questionnaire matched yours? This could happen weekly/fortnightly/monthly. If you are both interested at the end you could share contact details. It might lead to some friendships or something, I don't know. I could provide questions via an automatic PowerPoint type of thing, or just set it up, make someone the host and leave. I'm thinking out loud here and would welcome any feedback.

This would cost nothing, but and it might be a way of keeping some version of the scene alive. It could also prevent LGBT people from becoming isolated during this time.

This was only a random thought that I wanted to get people's opinions on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

There's definitely a space for stuff like this as I think people need the connections, even if it's not about dating per se.

The likes of forums and there are even people trying to make connections (without hooking up) on apps like Tinder, which seems to be just frustrating and toxic in a lot of ways. People are just lonley.

I do a couple of non-LGBT related Zoom meetings which evolved out of events we used to have in bars and they can be a bit of craic and a chat and they're well worth it.

Advertisement