Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One pesky bee

Options
  • 01-04-2021 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with tips on discouraging bees: I have a small balcony and one particularly persistent bee has been flying up to a vent on the window, hovering by the vent and then flying away. It keeps coming back every few minutes. I have taped over the vent to try and discourage it but it hasn't helped.

Is there anything I can do to just gently tell the bee to f off? :D I can't use the balcony while it keeps coming back, the buzzing would drive you insane. I was hoping there was maybe a scent they dislike or similar.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Ah, it wont harm you. Just leave it 'be'. I hate wasps and shoo them away at every opportunity, but bees are endangered, so I'm happy when I see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

sorchaniri wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with tips on discouraging bees: I have a small balcony and one particularly persistent bee has been flying up to a vent on the window, hovering by the vent and then flying away. It keeps coming back every few minutes. I have taped over the vent to try and discourage it but it hasn't helped.

Is there anything I can do to just gently tell the bee to f off? :D I can't use the balcony while it keeps coming back, the buzzing would drive you insane. I was hoping there was maybe a scent they dislike or similar.

Cheers!

Bees (honeybees at least) don't like the smell of almonds.

However, from your description it sounds like something other than a honeybee (she'd either stop coming back or bring her friends!). So not sure if that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sorchaniri

Thanks for the replies! I will try putting out some almond oil, see if that works. The weather has taken a turn for the miserable so the bee has been gone for a few days now.

Advertisement