Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juwel pump

Options
  • 27-02-2021 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the pump is not working on my juwel tank. Anyone got a pump 600 that they are not using?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Take it apart and give it a good clean as sometimes they just get blocked with gunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

m8 wrote: »
    Take it apart and give it a good clean as sometimes they just get blocked with gunk.

It looks like it is in the sealed unit that has the issue. There boys I can get to are clean and fine

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭delboythedub

RosieJoe wrote: »
    It looks like it is in the sealed unit that has the issue. There boys I can get to are clean and fine

Can you pull out the impeller and clean it and clean the impeller housing with a wet cotton bud or similar. Might be no harm looking at an external pump of a recognized brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Impeller can come out and be cleaned. No sign of it doing though. Might look at other filter systems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Not a great quality brand, more likely to fail you again if you opt for the same one. Look to Fluval for a more solid filter, it'll do your tank better in the long run.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
Advertisement