Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug dealers outside Dublin City Council building

Options
  • 09-04-2019 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Everyday I get the bus down Essex quay past the Dublin City Council offices and everyday I see the same people selling drugs to the addicts coming from Merchants Quay Ireland. These people are so open about dealing, handling trays of pills and significant amount of cash. Why hasn't the Garda done anything about this? Surely it wouldn't be too hard to catch these scumbags

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Did you report it to the cops?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

it isnt hard to catch them

The gardai have repeatedly done some thing about them ,

arrested prosecuted jail and released following a short stay in one of the nations fine free boarding houses

you want them stopped ? talk to the politicians when they come knocking on your door

build more jails, force the judges to enforce the sentences fund law enforcement, fund treatments and rehabs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gas. Same thing was happening when I worked in Dublin, 10-15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Sudolife wrote: »
    Everyday I get the bus down Essex quay past the Dublin City Council offices and everyday I see the same people selling drugs to the addicts coming from Merchants Quay Ireland. These people are so open about dealing, handling trays of pills and significant amount of cash. Why hasn't the Garda done anything about this? Surely it wouldn't be too hard to catch these scumbags

These poor people are:

• Battling Addiction
    • Struggling with substance abuse issues
    • Have learning difficulties (i.e. left school at 14)
    • Forced into drug dealing due to no work prospects
    • Had a bright and promising future at one point but fell in with a bad crowd
    • Feel deeply remorseful
    • Trying to turn their life around
    • Had a difficult home life
    • Had no facilities when they were growing up
    We need more money for programs to help these people, not judgements from passers by who only see a small segment of their complicated lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

El_Bee wrote: »
    These poor people are:

• Battling Addiction
    • Feel deeply remorseful
    We need more money for programs to help these people, not judgements from passers by who only see a small segment of their complicated lives.

Lol. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

These poor people are:

• Battling Addiction
    • Feel deeply remorseful

Didn't know you were a judge El Bee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to catch these scumbags

You will find that guy has a small number of deals, in his mouth most likely which he can swallow at a moments notice. As he needs more stock he goes to a drop point or a colleague brings him the reup. Or maybe he has no drugs on him but takes payment on the drugs are dispensed by another. He is also completely disposable. In the unlikely event of a jail sentence arising from his arrest there are twenty more who can take his coveted position in the bottom rung of the supply chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ruff says flaherty

I notice the exact same myself. They have a system where a girl on the steps holds the stuff. It's ridiculously blatant. Same gang, every day. Garda station 2 minute walk away then at the other side of the four courts. It's really pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

These poor people are:

• Battling Addiction
    • Feel deeply remorseful

Some are genuine whilst others are nothing but pests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

KungPao wrote: »
    Lol. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Yeah, I was waiting for the punchline, seems this poster was being serious!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

You will find that guy has a small number of deals, in his mouth most likely which he can swallow at a moments notice. As he needs more stock he goes to a drop point or a colleague brings him the reup. Or maybe he has no drugs on him but takes payment on the drugs are dispensed by another. He is also completely disposable. In the unlikely event of a jail sentence arising from his arrest there are twenty more who can take his coveted position in the bottom rung of the supply chain.

Sounds like an episode of the Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ruff says flaherty

These poor people are:

• Battling Addiction
    • Feel deeply remorseful

You are generalizing there

Advertisement