Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit - cos you're a fat bit€# :D

Options
  • 21-11-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

According an advert just shown on sky 1, the Fitbit is an ideal gift for the forthcoming yuletide season.

Give the gift of fitness so to speak.

Anyhow, I'm not fit myself, and Mr Bubo isn't likely to buy me a fitbit as he would consider this a glorious waste of money, unused in the box, destined to end up on Adverts. Better off buying me 8 kilos of chocolate - it wouldn't be wasted anyway :D.

It reminded me of the time a well thinking male cousin of mine bought 'herself' an exercise bike. Twas a grim Christmas for him. Big mistake! "Ah sure, she said she wanted to lose weight, I thought it would be a great present" He was lucky not to be banished to the shed forever.

I've never received a gift that offended me, thankfully. Wondering has anyone else on boards gotten a gawd-awful present from anyone?

Now, time to start mentioning Lindt copious times within earshot of Mr Bubo.... mmmmm.... chocolate....

Comments

BuboBubo wrote: »
    According an advert just shown on sky 1, the Fitbit is an ideal gift for the forthcoming yuletide season.

Give the gift of fitness so to speak.

Anyhow, I'm not fit myself, and Mr Bubo isn't likely to buy me a fitbit as he would consider this a glorious waste of money, unused in the box, destined to end up on Adverts. Better off buying me 8 kilos of chocolate - it wouldn't be wasted anyway :D.

It reminded me of the time a well thinking male cousin of mine bought 'herself' an exercise bike. Twas a grim Christmas for him. Big mistake! "Ah sure, she said she wanted to lose weight, I thought it would be a great present" He was lucky not to be banished to the shed forever.

I've never received a gift that offended me, thankfully. Wondering has anyone else on boards gotten a gawd-awful present from anyone?

Now, time to start mentioning Lindt copious times within earshot of Mr Bubo.... mmmmm.... chocolate....

A David Hasselhoff vinyl single, 'Crazy for You'. Now a treasured possession, upgraded from frisbee.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Men see problems and try and fix them

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Men see problems and try and fix them

That's very true. There was no malice aforethought whatsoever. The poor man thought he was doing a nice thing. Pity he got it soooo wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I'll hear no gyp about fitbits. I've owned two and they are an amazing product. Get one OP, happy 2019

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I'll hear no gyp about fitbits. I've owned two and they are an amazing product. Get one OP, happy 2019

What happened the first one? Did you sit on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Became a dinosaur and I couldn't get a charger for it. They change models so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Men don't wear Fitbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Just because you aren't interested in it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good Christmas gift for someone else!

I love my Fitbit. You don't have to be out running marathons to see the benefit of them. Mine is a pretty good smart watch even if you don't care about the activity tracking part of it

Advertisement