Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I being taken for a ride by delivery men?

2»

Comments

Do they just dump their load and run though or do they stick around and help you to get it where you want it?

Dump it still in its wrapping and all and leave me to clean up the mess ;(

Jazzzman wrote: »
    I had a couch delivered to my house last October.

Two Latvian deliverymen stayed and helped me put it together for about 3 hours.

No, we weren't great at instructions, but credit to them for hanging about.

I made them coffee and a hot meal and gave them a potato each to take home.

Good people still exist.
    Is cruel joke. Is no potato.
    Such is life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I had the same problem with a Chinese delivery, wastards didn't put it on a plate and eat it for me or anything!
    Then there's the story of the lads (true story, I've heard it more than once so it must be) heading home from the pub on a wet night. One of the lads goes into a Chinese takeaway while the rest head on. They couldn't get a taxi so they had to walk home, and when they get there cold and wet, they find yer man back ahead of them eating the Chinese.

"I knew I wouldn't get a taxi on a wet night so I asked in the takeaway if they delivered , and I got taken for a ride by the delivery man" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Delivery men - another job where women are not claiming discrimination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I just play the 'helpless little woman' card whenever I have something heavy delivered (usually large appliances), get them to install the item and then politely ask them to dispose of the packaging because I have no use for it - in general if you don't ask, you don't get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Here's your lousy €20 back. Deliver it yerself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It gave you something to do for an hour. What's the problem.

The probably had 20 plus deliveries to do. A half hour unpacking in each drop would have them breaking tachograph regulations and probably sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is cruel joke. Is no potato.
    Such is life.

What are one potato say other potato? Premise ridiculous. Who have two potato?

Never joke about potato.

Advertisement