Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2.20 for a can of Beer? Forget that!!

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

How much more can we take???? I like a Can watching a game of soccer and might be joined by a few mates for the odd Derby match. But €2.20 a can versus the current €1.00 is taking the piss.

I dont have a drink problem....but am getting stitched up with the Govt obsession with a 'drink culture'. Why don't they tackle the fizzy drinks market that is rotting kids teeth and blowing their sugar levels sky high.

A Can on a Sunday afternoon is one of the only few pleasures I still can afford... and Leo decides that I should pay heavily for it.

How come the drinks people are so quiet on this.....?? Sales will fall...jobs will be lost... sponserships will fall....advertising will fall. The Tesco's and other major chains will feel it in the tills as well...

€2.20 a can...is FG they losing the run of themselves??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

It'll be worse if you like some craft beers with high ABV %

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Masala wrote: »
    How much more can we take???? I like a Can watching a game of soccer and might be joined by a few mates for the odd Derby match. But €2.20 a can versus the current €1.00 is taking the piss.

I dont have a drink problem....but am getting stitched up with the Govt obsession with a 'drink culture'. Why don't they tackle the fizzy drinks market that is rotting kids teeth and blowing their sugar levels sky high.

A Can on a Sunday afternoon is one of the only few pleasures I still can afford... and Leo decides that I should pay heavily for it.

How come the drinks people are so quiet on this.....?? Sales will fall...jobs will be lost... sponserships will fall....advertising will fall. The Tesco's and other major chains will feel it in the tills as well...

€2.20 a can...is FG they losing the run of themselves??

Who do you support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

It will keep the publicans and hash dealers happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We should barrels and barrels of beer and pour it into the bay. It'll be our Boston tea party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Moaning Joan Burton on radio right now explaining how buying 15 bottles for €15 is "very cheap". You can buy 15 bottles of beer on much of the continent for under €8 and she is calling €15 cheap for the same thing.

I suppose €15 is nothing if you get paid €170,000 a year like she does.

€2.20 a can will have me ramping up my homebrew operation significantly, no way am I paying €2.20 a can when I can brew it myself for under 50c a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's as much sugar in beer as there is coke, albeit there's better nutrients in it.

Ban coke, raise the price of beer, everyone drink a healthy amount, the world is a better place.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement