Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White runners and skinny jeans

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mrs ingles tried to get me to wear a pair
    Once.
    Couldn't get my size 52" waist with an extra short leg very hard to find

And there it is.. It's usually some fat out of shape mess that wouldn't fit into a decent pair of jeans if they're life depended on it that's giving out and laughing at other people who look smart.

I don't like super skinny jeans but they are a million times better looking than the boot cut ****e that all the lads who laugh at skinny jeans wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

And there it is.. It's usually some fat out of shape mess that wouldn't fit into a decent pair of jeans if they're life depended on it that's giving out and laughing at other people who look smart.

I don't like super skinny jeans but they are a million times better looking than the boot cut ****e that all the lads who laugh at skinny jeans wear.

Jaysus you fell for bait hard there :D Insecure about your jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Kilboor wrote: »
    Jaysus you fell for bait hard there :D Insecure about your jeans

He still made a good point about the awful bootcut jeans. No doubt the bootcutters will be out in force to defend their poor choice in denimwear.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

I'm not fat or out of shape.
    Prefer dungarees myself comfortable stylish and practical

The type with the hatch at the back or do you have to pull them all the down when you hit the toilet?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The type with the hatch at the back or do you have to pull them all the down when you hit the toilet?

Take them off completely for comfort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm not fat or out of shape.

Funnily enough they are back in fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

He still made a good point about the awful bootcut jeans. No doubt the bootcutters will be out in force to defend their poor choice in denimwear.

Oh ya I wouldn't wear Bootcut but again at least I wouldn't be bulging in them... Skinny on the other hand, I don't even mind the look as long as they cover ankles but I can't find any that fit the crotch right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I feel like I see more tracksuit pants than anything on the youngsters these days. The ones that are tight at the ankle and get looser further up. Remind me of the scobe look from my youth with the trackies tucked into the socks.

Don't care in general (far from fashionable myself), but it's a weird combination that doesn't look tidy and it's the only thing the young lad will wear. He was meeting Michael D a few years ago and was very unimpressed to hear he'd have to wear something dressier than Pennys trackie pants :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't think only two options are bootcut or skinny. I'm not a fan bootcut and frankly 70% of people now days wearing skinny jeans are too fat (or too muscular) for that style.

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    I feel like I see more tracksuit pants than anything on the youngsters these days. The ones that are tight at the ankle and get looser further up. Remind me of the scobe look from my youth with the trackies tucked into the socks.

What’s up with the young lads in the trackies with two hands down the front of the pants? Do they think that’s normal or are they just trying to keep the tackle warm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭xckjoo

What’s up with the young lads in the trackies with two hands down the front of the pants? Do they think that’s normal or are they just trying to keep the tackle warm?

Maybe they keep stuff down there. Trackie pockets are ****e for keeping things in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

meeeeh wrote: »
    Not just Megadeth, I wen't to school full of metal heads and this look was the height of sophistication. I thought it was sexy as hell. :D

Anyway surely skinny jeans are a bit dated now. The cool crowd moved on.

Again, big difference between skinny jeans and just merely tight jeans, which metal heads wore (and wear).

As for 'moving on', here's Dave Mustaine just last year and he's still rocking tight jeans:

dave1.jpg

Skinny jeans (or Jeggings) are a different animal entirely, they look ridiculous (to me at least):

jeggings.jpg

Skinny Jeans are not necessarily jeggings. Jeggings usually have higher elastane content and are softer/thinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

kowloon wrote: »
    There's nothing to say long socks and shorts won't become a thing again, maybe the 1950s schoolboy look will be all the rage in 2040 or Lederhosen.

Getting there anyway.

B3-DC998_OTHARN_P_20190211115055.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If you cut the ankles off your socks with a scissors, then it allows the blood to flow out of your legs, so they deflate.
    Thus allowing you to wear the skinny jeans. It all makes perfect sense.

The white shoes are to show that you don't need to work. A bit like having long fingernails, or a very pale skin complexion, which were fashionable during the medieval period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Your not no confident you look so cool now.
    Get a grip buy a man's pair of jeans and be a proper bloke you're Mrs will be happier, won't be embarrassed going out with a peacock in public

Always reminded me of one of those wading birds. Them hoors picking around in the shyte for a tasty mollusc.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Never understood the appeal of the runners, or shoes in general tbh. I don't own a pair of either.

You walk around barefoot all the time?

• Advertisement

I owned those boots. They are many things but comfy is not how I would describe them. I own high heels which are more comfortable.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I owned those boots. They are many things but comfy is not how I would describe them. I own high heels which are more comfortable.

They need breaking in allright, but its worth the effort. They're stiffer than Docs initially certainly.

Nope - in comfy boots

Ah, so you think those are comfortable but runners aren't and you don't see the appeal of them? That just makes me think you are a bit weird or that you have some kind of misshapen feet.
    Why do you even need them to go so high up your leg?

Effects wrote: »
    Ah, so you think those are comfortable but runners aren't and you don't see the appeal of them? That just makes me think you are a bit weird or that you have some kind of misshapen feet.
    Why do you even need them to go so high up your leg?

Never commented on the comfort or otherwise of runners.

...because they're boots.....?

Just monkey see, monkey do. One knacker started doing it and they all copied him.

• Advertisement

Never commented on the comfort or otherwise of runners.

Sorry. You said you didn't see the appeal of runners, but found your boots comfortable. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

So what's not appealing about runners? Most comfortable footwear you can get.

...because they're boots.....?

I just don't get why they need to be that tall. Pain in the ass to lace up and down.
    I had a pair of those boots when I was a teenager, but not that tall.
    I wear boots all the time but would have my head wrecked with 14 pairs of eyelets.

Effects wrote: »
    Sorry. You said you didn't see the appeal of runners, but found your boots comfortable. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

So what's not appealing about runners? Most comfortable footwear you can get.

I just don't get why they need to be that tall. Pain in the ass to lace up and down.
    I had a pair of those boots when I was a teenager, but not that tall.
    I wear boots all the time but would have my head wrecked with 14 pairs of eyelets.

For some reason I always wanted to wear boots. 10 eyelets never seemed enough, though over 14 would be - I've always thought - excessive. These days I alternate between a pair of solovair ox-blood 14 hole and grinders black 14 hole with the steel toe.

Advertisement