Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Marketing Team?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Which marketing team? The team that keep posting joe.ie links in After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Paddy Power stuff always comes across as very try hard.

Edge lords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Glebee

im lost...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The team that sold Brexit to the UK public. Or so Bendydick Cucumbersandwich seems to think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fcuking state of every last morsel of that. He has the charisma of an onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Glebee wrote: »
    im lost...:confused::confused:

Ryan Giggs' brother is featured in it. Ryan ran had an affair with his brother's missus. That's where the whole ''loyalty'' or lack thereof angle is coming from. It's a bit grim to be honest and basically not even that clever, just sh*t. OP must be a shill for PP or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I love an auld bet, but hate all gambling industry advertising. It’s insidious, it’s everywhere, it’s cynical, and these organisations prey on their most vulnerable customers.

Like look at this bollocks. The lads having the crack living the Ladbrokes life.

https://youtu.be/MgCzKQJyWdk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs' brother is featured in it. Ryan ran had an affair with his brother's missus. That's where the whole ''loyalty'' or lack thereof angle is coming from. It's a bit grim to be honest and basically not even that clever, just sh*t. OP must be a shill for PP or something.

Ah right. When I watched it first and didn't have a clue of the backstory so it went over my head.

That's real bottom of the barrel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Christ, that is very poor on every level.

I hope he got paid well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I love an auld bet, but hate all gambling industry advertising. It’s insidious, it’s everywhere, it’s cynical, and these organisations prey on their most vulnerable customers.

Like look at this bollocks. The lads having the crack living the Ladbrokes life.

https://youtu.be/MgCzKQJyWdk

im the same. I've been doing it long enough that i know how to avoid getting by brains beat in on a bad day and when i have a good day i cash out and buy myself something or go out for a nice meal. but when i was younger and got into it i used to chase losses, try to double up wins, back every race, etc.

the advertising targeting young lads sickens me. you'll learn a lot of expensive lessons 'living the ladbrokes life'. and it's all over every event, the jerseys, ads around the pitch.

i think all the ads should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Ah here I never thought AH was as pc as this. Their social media basically take the piss on all topics outside of gambling. Obviously people may have different opinions and are entitled to but they really do go to the extreme on their campaigns, be it the billboards last week in Dublin for the England match, floyd May weather wearing their boxers to getting Giggies brother to do this. Anyways sorry for offending ye sensitive folk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Some of the paddy power stuff can funny, clever and topical.

This isnt.
    Its rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The most boring of all addictions and the most expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I like the real witty but subtle ones, such as the KFC twitter account, which followed 6 guys called Herb & five spice girls... 11 Herbs and spices, which is their recipe.

Or this one from the Simpsons, which is actually a filthy gag but well disguised.

15ktM8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

How is dislike of this ad "pc" or sensitive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It’s a better ad than most. Money for old rope most marketing is.

Car ads. Man gets into car, drives car in a scenic location or two, parks car and gets out. Sometimes a woman does that. If it’s a family car he or she will meet the family at the end of the drive.

This tells me that the car in question has a door which opens to let you in and out and can be driven. Since this is true of all cars I’m none the wiser about what to buy.

Anyway in the modern streaming age I see very few of those ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Their Marketing isn't "genius" it's just the shíte a bunch of folk could think up in a 10 minutes BantzBantzBantz session.
    Plus their Marketing team also signed off on sticking yer man Paddy in their videos and its so awkward.

Their Twitter team come out with a few gems though.

Advertisement