Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save the whales

• 08-02-2019 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

I think it's about time we get serious on the destruction of the oceans. If the whales go extinct the human race will surely face the wrath of angry aliens.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think it's about time we get serious on the destruction of the oceans. If the whales go extinct the human race will surely face the wrath of angry aliens.

Oh dear, I thought this was another thread about fat women...

/pulls back up pants, leaves :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thought it was another Brexit thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LifeOfBwian

Thought it was a cwiptocuwency twead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Nuke the Whales(from orbit, its the only way to be sure)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Couldn’t give a care about any animals I don’t eat.

I think a lot of men that pretend to care only do because they think girls like to hear that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I think a lot of men that pretend to care only do because they think girls like to hear that stuff.

Never owned a dog or known another man who does then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Save the whales...pffft

Do you think they'd save you? Given the chance those whales would skin you alive in a second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

You are the biggest troll on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

They eat penguins so as far as I'm concerned, they can go **** themselves. Dolphins too, the smart bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've been saving the whales. Nearly have a full set.

You are the biggest troll on Boards.

I’m just telling the truth. In real life I’d play the game and do the whole dating dance where I pretend to care about whales and dogs. To be honest I see them as a hassle. I don’t want to mind them. I have better stuff to do. When the weather picks up I’ll be busy doing other stuff. I honestly think some people need dogs more than dogs need some people but I won’t go there

I’m just telling the truth. In real life I’d play the game and do the whole dating dance where I pretend to care about whales and dogs. To be honest I see them as a hassle. I don’t want to mind them. I have better stuff to do. When the weather picks up I’ll be busy doing other stuff. I honestly think some people need dogs more than dogs need some people but I won’t go there

I'll agree with ya there. A lot of people do need dogs more than dogs need people. Especially the ones who don't get rescue animals and go for the ones that everyone will 'ooh and ahh' at.

I'll agree with ya there. A lot of people do need dogs more than dogs need people. Especially the ones who don't get rescue animals and go for the ones that everyone will 'ooh and ahh' at.

A few months ago I pretended to like rescue animals to a girl on the England Scotland border.

Anyway she used to slag me calling it scatland. I pooped on that girls chest and whatsapped the video. She thought because I rescued dogs I was a nice guy.

Thing is rescue dogs are the only things that understand me.

Ask for the link. I double dare ye.

A few months ago I pretended to like rescue animals to a girl on the England Scotland border.

Anyway she used to slag me calling it scatland. I pooped on that girls chest and whatsapped the video. She thought because I rescued dogs I was a nice guy.

Thing is rescue dogs are the only things that understand me.

I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nah the Welsh are already overrated...

Whales on the other hand have always been a source of a good laugh....

Some jokes told by whales....

How do you get four elephants in a mini cooper?

Two in the front, two in the back.

How do you get four giraffes in a mini cooper?

You can't because of all the elephants.

How do you get two whales in a mini cooper?

Same way you get to Wales in any other car, down the M4, over the Severn Bridge.

How can you tell if there's an elephant in your fridge?

Footprints in the butter.

How can you tell if there are two elephants in your fridge?

You can hear them giggle when the lights go out.

How can you tell if there are three elephants in your fridge?

You can't quite get the door closed.

How can you tell if there are four elephants in your fridge?

Its It's obvious - there's a mini cooper in there

;)

I'm not surprised.

I hold it all together but sometimes I feel like I’m a pile of stacked marbles and if I move too fast in either direction I’ll fall apart like a pile of stacked marbles.

I hold it all together but sometimes I feel like I’m a pile of stacked marbles and if I move too fast in either direction I’ll fall apart like a pile of stacked marbles.

I feel like a pile of cans but sure look it I can keep it together!

I feel like a pile of cans but sure look it I can keep it together!

You must be tied up by a ring pull

You must be tied up by a ring pull

Yup - The six pack rings and plastic bags have been annihilating marine life for decades. The whales are well p!ssed off ...

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Yup - The six pack rings and plastic bags have been annihilating marine life for decades. The whales are well p!ssed off ...

I was late for work once and seen a pigeon caught in a six pack ring pull. Just left him to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Save the whales...pffft

Do you think they'd save you? Given the chance those whales would skin you alive in a second

Watched a documentary on bbc4, humpback whales display a surprising level of altruism for other species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The 70's called, they want their campaign back.

No one gives a **** about the whales anymore, they think bigger now and get their guilt kick from global warming - whales don't cut it in this brave new world.
    In another generation or two, they'll feel guilty about the impending destruction of the Milky Way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m sure you will hve a whale of a time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

You'll be sorry when the aliens return and find their whale friends are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It's ok, Kirk and the lads drop a whale back from the past just in time.

I will tell the the whales died of wells disease. They can google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Not really.

Not really.

Not really what?

• Advertisement

I was late for work once and seen a pigeon caught in a six pack ring pull. Just left him to it.

Was he drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Spotted a couple of whales coming out of coppers this evening that could do with being saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I genuinely would love to save the whales but I can't swim so that probably rules me out.

Advertisement