Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scummy Junky Neighbour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Billy86 wrote: »
    Why are child services a no no when the child appears to be at risk, especially at such a crucial age?

You can contact the Gards and voice concerns over the kid, they'll more than likely do the referral to Tusla for you.

Been there done that and yes it works. Please OP make that call..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Step 1: Try to bury the hatchet and reconcile with her. Invite her round for tea and drop a plastic bag in front of her. When he she picks it up, have your tea, tell her she is great and go your separate ways.

Step 2: source 10k worth of heroin. Stash it in the tip of a backgarden, inside the aforementioned bag, with her prints on it. Ring the Garda and tell them a deal is going down.

Step 3: Have another cup of tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

never said the kid is in danger in the physical sence

but you'd need a hasmat suit in that house

the language constantly , ive often heard the kid at 11pm out in the garden calling for her dad

she came up to me a few weeks back wearing a onesie with nothing on her feet , eating a yoghurt with her fingers , her onesie covered in it , at 10pm on the street
    For the sake of the child please call Tusla, I know I would if I saw something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Candie wrote: »
    The fact that the child isn't the centre of his concern is what stupefies me.

How bad do kids have to have it for people to just pick up the phone. Here's a kid who's dirty, lives in apparent squalor, and is seriously neglected, and someone doesn't want to pick up the phone because it might cause an issue for a friend.

Danger isn't just getting visibly kicked around, this kid is being kicked around in all kinds of ways even if not in the literal sense.

Please, OP, call the guards about the kid.

because out of fear for the other neighbour , if i call tusla or tulsa this person with 100 % know it was her neighbour and lets just say they take the kid away , u think the parents wont look for revenge ? these are low lifes trust me

if they were never arguing with anybody then they'd be nond the wiser , but for arguments sake , throws items at window and screaming at neigjbour on a monday and all of a sudden tusla folk arrive on tuesday , you think they wont twig who called ?

private house , she lives with her bf and her dad ( who is rarely there ) works away , so no landlord issue

why not tell her dad ? cause she attacked him a few times , her mother was exactly the same till she left the dad , so he in a way is enabling her , he was told before by sald neighbour and was afraid to do anything

OP if you consider all users of drugs to be "scum". Then you're literally delusional, and therefor the light in which you've painted your neighbor cannot be taken seriously. As you are clearly very biased and potentially racist (and have a small penis ? e.g. the rage)

whats penis size got to do with anything , dear lord

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Buy a small bag of gear, lace it with strychnine and leave it outside the front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Buy a small bag of gear, lace it with strychnine and leave it outside the front door.

I see a small issue in your suggestion , it's harder to source and buy strychnine in Ireland legally than it is to buy heroin.

A bloke I know told me that.

• Administrators Posts: 14,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

If you live 5 doors away and have seen the child out in her pyjamas late at night, why would the neighbour automatically assume it was your friend who called Tusla? Surely if the child is wandering around, any of the neighbours can see her. You are sitting by watching a child being neglected and thinking "ah well, nothing I can do for her.. my poor friend who gets shouted at has it worse, what can I do for her?"

Neglect is the largest type of abuse reported to Child Protection Services, because it is the one that is most visible. You don't really know what is happening the child in doors. Is she being abused? But you definitely know she's being neglected. Yet you won't do anything about that.

If you're going to keep your nose out of it, then keep your nose right out of it. They haven't done anything to your friend that warrants garda attention. Yet you are trying to figure out how to get the guards involved. Yet you know for a fact that the child is being neglected but are happy to ignore that. You can't feign concern on one hand, and completely ignore real and actual neglect on the other.

Mind boggling.

Neglect IS abuse anyway, she doesn't need to have bruises to be abused. Poor kid.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

if i call tusla or tulsa this person with 100 % know it was her neighbour

But then they'd be wrong. Because it wouldn't have been the neighbour. It would have been you, or any one of the other neighbours who can see the child.

If the neighbour causes any damage to your friends property, then your friend can do something about it.

Has your friend got a CCTV camera up on her house? It might be worth investing in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

because out of fear for the other neighbour , if i call tusla or tulsa this person with 100 % know it was her neighbour and lets just say they take the kid away , u think the parents wont look for revenge ? these are low lifes trust me

if they were never arguing with anybody then they'd be nond the wiser , but for arguments sake , throws items at window and screaming at neigjbour on a monday and all of a sudden tusla folk arrive on tuesday , you think they wont twig who called ?

private house , she lives with her bf and her dad ( who is rarely there ) works away , so no landlord issue

why not tell her dad ? cause she attacked him a few times , her mother was exactly the same till she left the dad , so he in a way is enabling her , he was told before by sald neighbour and was afraid to do anything
    By doing nothing you are contributing to the child's neglect and abuse.

But then they'd be wrong. Because it wouldn't have been the neighbour. It would have been you, or any one of the other neighbours who can see the child.

If the neighbour causes any damage to your friends property, then your friend can do something about it.

Has your friend got a CCTV camera up on her house? It might be worth investing in one.

suggesting this to her later

I'm going up to the police station myself to report her abusing the neighbour and will detail my accounts of hearing her screaming and seeing the little one out at night etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

listermint wrote: »
    What's the filthy fifty
    Bunch of inbred scruffy feral scumbags mainly from the Cloonlara etc estate behind Clearwater SC in Finglas. Went to school with most of them.
    Karma caught up with lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

suggesting this to her later

I'm going up to the police station myself to report her abusing the neighbour and will detail my accounts of hearing her screaming and seeing the little one out at night etc

Good man. Is there any chance a few more neighbours would support you? Surely they'd have seen the child out late !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'd prefer to live with the neighbors, neighbor than OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Remember when boards was good?

I member.

Advertisement