Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The glorious Revolution best books

• 09-02-2021 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I am going through a Glorious Revolution phase at the moment so was wondering what were the most interesting and most readable books that you have read about it?
    And books about Ireland and the Glorious Revolution also.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've seen these two recommended:

1688: The First Modern Revolution

The Glorious Revolution: 1688 - Britain's Fight for Liberty

Not sure how you'd find anything specifically about Ireland short of a work about Irish history that covered that period.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The book "Why nations fail" mentioned in one of its chapters about this event and viewed it through the lens of economic history, i.e. the clash of trading versus land-owning segments of British society in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

This two volume history by Tim Harris is good: Restoration: Charles II and His Kingdoms, 1660-1685 and Revolution: The Great Crisis of the British Monarchy, 1685-1720.

Advertisement