Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN rain fade

• 17-01-2021 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

It strangely seems to affect CNN worse than other channels but I do watch a fair bit of said channel so that may or may not be an accurate assertion.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

CNN on 506 HD and 878 SD are both available on a SkyHD box without subscription. Try and option
    It's a sky box problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I get it on the HD version sometimes with very heavy rain, it's pretty much the only channel it happens on, if I go to the SD version it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Ok I probably should have specified hardware.
    54cm Triax dish and Amiko mini combo.
    Location Mayo, Atlantic coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

60cm would be the recommended minumum for Ireland, not sure how much reduced signal a 54cm would give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

CNN has always been on one of the weaker transponders. Anytime I have had to a setup or realign, I do so on a strong signal like BBC London and then always check CNN before coming back down the ladder. There is usually some extra tweaking to be done to get it as strong as possible. There are other weak transponders, but I find that if you make sure you have a good CNN, the rest will be OK too.

Regular rain fade on CNN is an indication that a bit of dish tweak is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'd like to get CNN Europe back on Sky. Since Covid it's all been CNN US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

my cnn is gone now ,tune failed! it says

might be the bad weather?

edit: ok now

Advertisement