Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reciever + Wired Speakers or Wireless BT Speakers

Options
  • 28-11-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

My better half recently got a turntable (AT-LP120XBT-USB) and some vinyl as a gift, I do love music. From doing a bit of research it sounds like my options are wired amplifier and speakers or bluetooth speakers. Wired is presumably better sound and wireless better flexibility in terms of placement. If getting an amp(should call this a Reciever I think) I would like it to have tuner and CD player (I have a large collection of CDs I regularly listen to) but dont know if that is a big compromise, should I get seperates? I'm an 80:20 kind of person so wont go mad on budget. I just have a JBL wireless speaker, usually listen with headphones while working.
    I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on what would be a good option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hello There,

Apologies no-one has replied to you thus far. What sort of budget have you set for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hudo

There are some wireless stereo speakers, like Klipsh R-41 (51, ...) PM, which are accepting line-level input (CD player) or even phono input from the turntable (even though you phono has USB output!?) and of course bluetooth. Stick with known brands.
    With separate amp you have flexibility to upgrade one day, so really depends on you. Both options are good, and if you don't go multiple thousands euro budger, wireless will sound as good as wired (but in that price range there are losless wireless connection standards ...) so don't worry about that.
    In theory, active speakers could be better then separate amp+speaker since its all made to work nicely together. You can also have amp with bluetooth receiver to stream from your phone.
    Tell us you budged.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 softmint13

Thanks Hattori and Hudo for the replies. I e ded up going with a Denon DM41 Mini HiFi and Dali Spektor 2 speakers. Cant set it all up till next week but am looking forward to it. I'll report back when I do. That was pretty much top end of my budget, E400. Ended up choosing this over wireless speakers or directly to active speakers for the flexibility of the CD player included. It also has bluetooth so ticked all the boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hudo

Dali are great speakers, you'll enjoy them very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have a Denon dm40 ( smae as 41 but no bluetooth ) in the edroom and am running Q Acoustic 3020's on it and it does sound great.
    I also have the Dali spektor 2's as part of my surround sound system and cannot fault them, they are running off my denon 2600 receiver.
    What you have should sound very good, I am sure you can add a sub to that denon at a later stage if you feel the need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 softmint13

Thanks vectra. Dont know if I will need a sub but can you recommend if I did? Was a toss of a coin between the q acoustics 3020i, the spektos and monitor bronze 1. In the end went based on what hifi reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

softmint13 wrote: »
    Thanks vectra. Dont know if I will need a sub but can you recommend if I did? Was a toss of a coin between the q acoustics 3020i, the spektos and monitor bronze 1. In the end went based on what hifi reviews.

I am not saying you will need a sub as those speakers sound good and may be fine for you.
    I have the This Dali E9-F sub on my surround system and it is pretty damn good, You probably wouldnt need to spend that much on one though.
    You could look out for used sub maybe?
    Just get something pretty decent and not a bargain box unit as it will only make matters worse.

Advertisement