Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technomate 5200 Super+ USB - duplicate channels not working?

Options
  • 21-01-2021 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm not really looking for help and just have a query about my Technomate receiver which is quite puzzling.

For those experienced with Technomate (or at least the 5200 Super+ USB) you may be aware that the service provides many duplicates of existing channels such as E4 and Challenge.

However, some of these channels will pick up a satellite signal and some won't.

So I don't have an issue here as every channel offered by Technomate is available to me on at least one channels, I'm just curious as to why some channels work and some don't? (For example, there are about five different channels showing Challenge, but only two pick up a signal)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The channels not displaying anything are likely encrypted channels to which you do not have access.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

Hi all,
    I'm not really looking for help and just have a query about my Technomate receiver which is quite puzzling.

For those experienced with Technomate (or at least the 5200 Super+ USB) you may be aware that the service provides many duplicates of existing channels such as E4 and Challenge.

However, some of these channels will pick up a satellite signal and some won't.

So I don't have an issue here as every channel offered by Technomate is available to me on at least one channels, I'm just curious as to why some channels work and some don't? (For example, there are about five different channels showing Challenge, but only two pick up a signal)

The duplicates are regional variations, RoI, NI, Scotland, etc for advertising purposes. As said you are getting a signal on all those channels but some are encrypted because the fta and Sky signals all come from the same satellite and it is the Sky signals in the main that are encrypted. It is often best to edit your channels, rather than having multiples, just have say BBC NI or London, though it can be useful to have some variations because of programming.

Advertisement