Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy it ?

Options
  • 21-11-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So the place I work at, allows us to buy our old laptop off them once we are issued an upgrade. Currently I have a 2016 MacBook Pro 15inch with 16GB memory and 512GB SSD, Quad core i7 2.7ghz.

They are asking €700 for it, do you think I should go for it ? With Apple Silicon Macs on the horizon.

I know this model does have the faulty keyboards and did manage to get it replaced under warranty. Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So the place I work at, allows us to buy our old laptop off them once we are issued an upgrade. Currently I have a 2016 MacBook Pro 15inch with 16GB memory and 512GB SSD, Quad core i7 2.7ghz.

They are asking €700 for it, do you think I should go for it ? With Apple Silicon Macs on the horizon.

I know this model does have the faulty keyboards and did manage to get it replaced under warranty. Thoughts ?

I wouldn’t go next to near any Mac with that keyboard. Next time it fails, you’ll be on the hook for a large bill. I’ve the almost the same spec in a 2015 MBP and I’m thinking of replacing it with an Air. There’s an application I use and one project I’m working that pretty much kills the machine and I know the entry MBA doesn’t have any issues with it (and this is not running natively).

Advertisement