Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flight day change - EU261 compensation?

• 24-09-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I have just received an email informing me that my flight date has been changed and has been brought forward by a day.

Unfortunately the new date does not suit.

I note in the email they sent documentation with regards to EU261 compensation is "delayed" by more than by 2 hours.

In my case the flight has been brought forward, but not delayed yet still causes an inconvenience.

They next available flight which would be more suitable would be 48hrs later.

If I was to change my flight to one 48hrs later as it's more suitable time wise, would I still be entitled to claim compensation under EU261 due to the disruption of the original flight?

First time dealing with all of this so any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

No, as they'll cite exceptional circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If the flight is more than 14 days away, straight refund in full is an option. You can call up and indicate which flight you want to change to and there should be no charge

If less than 14 days notice then EC261 compensation comes into play, but the airlines are being crafty and avoiding making changes within 14 days.

The 'exceptional circumstances' line while valid earlier is not going to stand up as COVID is not a surprise. As the airline is willing to fly to the same destination the day before or a day earlier the 'exceptional circumstance' that the country has closed its borders etc cannot be claimed.

'exceptional circumstances' too few people traveling is not legally defensible

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

My flight time was changed from an early morning to a late evening flight. It didn't suit me so I requested a refund. It was with Ryanair. I went through the app and although it kept saying that it wasn't eligible for a refund, I kept trying and it went through. I got my refund last week.

Advertisement