Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry to Berlin Ryanair but operated by Air Malta

Options
  • 21-09-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

I booked one way for the above for 29th October.

FR use Terminal 5 and Air Malta use Terminal 1. Note T1 is opening 31st October. If I return in 1 November do I head for T5 or T1, does anybody know.

May need a hotel out there as arriving later on 29th but I imagine I will arrive in the T5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

It's Malta Air not Air Malta. Malta Air is a subsidary of Ryanair. Apart from the name everything else is Ryanair.

Air Malta is Malta's flag carrier and has nothing to do with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

VG31 wrote: »
    It's Malta Air not Air Malta. Malta Air is a subsidary of Ryanair. Apart from the name everything else is Ryanair.

Air Malta is Malta's flag carrier and has nothing to do with Ryanair.

Brilliant. Thanks for clearing that up. It simplifies the whole thing now. I can plan for T5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is a renaming going on in Berlin

The existing SXF airport will become T5 of the new BER as part of the transition to Berlin Brandenburg in October.

SXF will become the 'low cost' terminal at BER. Nothing else changes (SXF is the pits so expect nothing), just bear in mind BER T5 is Schönefeld NOT Brandenburg there is NO internal walkway or transfer

There is a renaming going on in Berlin

The existing SXF airport will become T5 of the new BER as part of the transition to Berlin Brandenburg in October.

SXF will become the 'low cost' terminal at BER. Nothing else changes (SXF is the pits so expect nothing), just bear in mind BER T5 is Schönefeld NOT Brandenburg there is NO internal walkway or transfer

Thanks. Yes I was in Schonefeld in March 2019 so aware of train station nearby.

Have any of you stayed in the Premier Inn in Berlin? Used to be Holiday Inn I believe. If I do go I would have to get to that hotel at 11pm or stay near/in airport.

It appears the flight i was going to book back has gone from 30 to 22 today to flight full. As is my flight out and some others. Flights cancelled id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

McSween wrote: »
    It appears the flight i was going to book back has gone from 30 to 22 today to flight full. As is my flight out and some others. Flights cancelled id say

There's a very high chance of that happening this winter season. Most airlines will not have confirmed their winter schedules yet. I would make sure all hotels and flights you book have free cancellation/changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I took that Kerry - Berlin flight around this time last year, yes, it got in late at around 23.30 but I had no trouble getting into the centre using public transport. You have a few different options, train from the railway station which is a 5 or 6 minute walk from the terminal, or bus from right outside the terminal to Rudow metro station 5 minutes away. I'm sure if you miss the last train there will be a bus going to the centre.

Take a look at this transport site www.bvg.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Is this right?
    Kerry is my local airport.

Thought flights KIR-SXF stopped in August!

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

dohouch wrote: »
    Is this right?
    Kerry is my local airport.

Thought flights KIR-SXF stopped in August!

They were bookable until yesterday morning. My outgoing flight is now also ‘full’ and no cancellation email yet issued.

Advertisement