Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 bright satellites

Options
  • 26-08-2020 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Sitting out this evening at approx 945 I saw 4 bright satellites passing in southern sky right to left at approx 30 degrees. Reasonable distance between them in the sky and at slightly different elevations.

I’ve never seen this before. Any ideas? I had already seen one brighter than usual satellite passing on a similar path about a half an hour earlier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Sitting out this evening at approx 945 I saw 4 bright satellites passing in southern sky right to left at approx 30 degrees. Reasonable distance between them in the sky and at slightly different elevations.

I’ve never seen this before. Any ideas? I had already seen one brighter than usual satellite passing on a similar path about a half an hour earlier

It was the starlink satellites,here's a pic of the sky last night at 9.45
    all of the satellites in the picture are from two different starlink trains
    524453.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

upupup wrote: »
    It was the starlink satellites,here's a pic of the sky last night at 9.45
    all of the satellites in the picture are from two different starlink trains
    524453.PNG

Yes - that looks about right. Thanks

Advertisement