Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griselinia hedging growth

Options
  • 22-09-2020 6:37pm

hi
    Neighbour done a major cut on their hedging leaving multiple gaps, not complaining, they are entitled to do what they want on their side
    Just wondering is there much time left for some growth to fill in the gaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭blackbox

Griselinia won't grow much more until next Spring.

blackbox wrote: »
    Griselinia won't grow much more until next Spring.

Cheers, I was thinking that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It definitely responds very well to a hard cutting, really fills out and thrives for it, much more than on its own.

Which is not answering your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Danzy wrote: »
    It definitely responds very well to a hard cutting, really fills out and thrives for it, much more than on its own.

Which is not answering your question.

I cut my parents in laws hedge this time last year, back fairly hard. Only about 50% of it has come back v slowly. Quite surprised by it and didnt go well with himself. But it was too wide and high to cut it safely and theyre getting on in years.

I cut my parents in laws hedge this time last year, back fairly hard. Only about 50% of it has come back v slowly. Quite surprised by it and didnt go well with himself. But it was too wide and high to cut it safely and theyre getting on in years.

At least its going to be winter and i wont be out there too much. Hopefully there will be some growth before the cold really hits

• Advertisement
Advertisement