Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery change on a Breitling

• 16-09-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

Any suggestions for a battery change on a Breitling Colt. Weirs want €250 to change it. Surely not such a cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Have a look at the thread on servicing - for a proper battery change the watchmaker should replace seals and run a water resistance test too. It shouldn't come to €250 however.

Put it this way - I change my wife's quartz batteries and I charge her €2 for 5 batteries :D :P - if you don't need the seals replaced and don't care about water resistance then it can even be a do it yourself job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

Go to fastfix, they have a couple of branches. Breitling wanted even more than that to change the two batteries in my emergency. Fastfix did it at a quarter of the cost and no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Thanks for that but I do need the seals replaced. What I am looking for is someone who can do the work for a reasonable cost. Thanks for the input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Homer wrote: »
    Go to fastfix, they have a couple of branches. Breitling wanted even more than that to change the two batteries in my emergency. Fastfix did it at a quarter of the cost and no problems whatsoever.

Any idea if they replaced or re-oiled the seals on the watch ?

Advertisement