Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Public Basketball Courts in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 areaman

There is a fairly recently done court in Eamon Ceannt park off the sundrive road in Kimmage/crumlin. It's a nice surface, but the actual hoops are the wrong heights, one too short, one too high, but aside from that, not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

areaman wrote: »
    There is a fairly recently done court in Eamon Ceannt park off the sundrive road in Kimmage/crumlin. It's a nice surface, but the actual hoops are the wrong heights, one too short, one too high, but aside from that, not too bad

just found this thru google, I live close to the park and was gonna tell mates about the court but if theyre not the proper height its useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 areaman

even with the wonky hoops, it's playable, you should give a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Rubberducky

Hi Ren

Are you still involved with the BB team near Artane?

Darren J (Interested Player)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Hi Ren

Are you still involved with the BB team near Artane?

Darren J (Interested Player)

what team are based near artane?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Rubberducky

Hey, I am living in Castleknock are, but happy to travel to join a team and get back into the game..

D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

I guess the season is finished by nw or may be ending soon. next season starts by sept or oct. try contacting team managers or coaches, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Just was on the bus today and noticed the courts in Fairview have been ripped up and there's some building that's in their place. Anyone know what it is and if there's any plans to replace the bball courts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paddys79

does anyone know where there are any courts over around the rathmines / ballsbridge / terenure area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

terenure college has a hoop. not the best but if you want a ring there is two there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i think nutgrove have a good halfcourt there in park beside the shops there. looks good as i drove by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paddys79

thanks for the responses lads, just wanted to find somewhere to have a bit of a shoot around the odd time, thanks.

I dont know is there any courts around dublin anymore where there are pick up games, are there? Are there still games in Mountjoy square??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

paddys79 wrote: »
    thanks for the responses lads, just wanted to find somewhere to have a bit of a shoot around the odd time, thanks.

I dont know is there any courts around dublin anymore where there are pick up games, are there? Are there still games in Mountjoy square??

There are a few pick up games running, not sure bout the outdoor ones though, check the other threads here, theres indoor games on Tues, weds, Fri and sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

hi Vinnie, can u tell us where the indoor games are held on the four days u mentioned please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

peaceboi wrote: »
    hi Vinnie, can u tell us where the indoor games are held on the four days u mentioned please?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055903993

Monday:
    The Oblates, Inchicore 6.15pm till 8.15pm, open session, high standard.

Tuesday:
    National Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin 24 - 7pm till 8.30pm. Pretty high standard..

Wednesday:
    Community Center on Crinan Strand, Dublin 1 - 7pm till 8pm. Active till the end of June then will move to an outdoor court.

National Basketball Arena in Tallaght are starting a new session for Ladies only on Wednesday nights' commencing 23rd June from 7-8:30pm @ €5.

Thursday:
    Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Club, Portmarnock. - Running a scrimmage at the moment. 8.30pm till 10pm. pm themoney for more details. Pretty high standard..

Friday:
    DCU, Dublin 9. - 7pm till 8pm pm judomad for more info.

Saturday:

Sunday:
    SportsCo, 4 S Lotts Rd, Dublin 4 - 6pm pm shivvyban for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TallaghtBC

Hi,

Is anyone interested in playing club Div 5/6 this year as part of a new mens team starting in Tallaght? If your interested please reply or else send us a message at [email protected].

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i would note that monday is of a much higher standard than tuesday. casual players are welcome on tuesdays for sure.

obv tallghtbc there isnt any div 6 league as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

can anyone tell me is there a court in Markievicz Park???and what is it like???

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭happydude13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

TallaghtBC wrote: »
    Hi,

Is anyone interested in playing club Div 5/6 this year as part of a new mens team starting in Tallaght? If your interested please reply or else send us a message at [email protected].

anyone know if this is still going on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭clancynl

Found this too ... http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Ireland/Dublin/Ringsend-Park
    needs a few added to it tho ... I'm looking for a court around the Ranelagh area if anyone knows of one? Tough to find all the same ... There's a school in Ranelagh that might have a court .. I'm gonna have a chat with a teacher or someone this week and I'll get back if they'd let me throw a ball round for a few hours a week ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Seems really hard to find a place to play basketball here in ireland, I am talking at a none competitive level.

I havent played basket in over 8 years but I miss it and I have been looking for a place to go and play a few relaxed games but so far nothing, westwood doesnt have anything like an indoor/outdoor basketball court neither... not sure if they have one in Deer park...

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

If people are looking for free outdoor courts in the Dun Laoghaire area theres a nice one in Glenageary (think someone mentioned it already). You can only use it at the weekend cos its part of DSP school but its good. Also you quite often meet lads there who are willing to play pickup!

Laughlinstown leisure centre is good if your willing to pay a few euro but if you get a group to rent the hall itd be worth it. Also in UCD you can play for a few euro.

Also im pretty sure theres also a full court in Kilbogget park (near Ballybrack/Cabinteely/"Killiney"). Its in near the shrewsbury housing estate behind fences but theyre open for people to go in. Last time i was there was a few years ago they were in good condition and empty (think theres 2 full courts). Only thing is theres only one gate in/out so you'd wana be careful when you go cos if you are unfortunate enough to meet the wrong crowd theres nobody else around (the park is usually quite with just dogwalkers tho so im sure its perfectly safe!).

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Bohrio wrote: »
    Seems really hard to find a place to play basketball here in ireland, I am talking at a none competitive level.

I havent played basket in over 8 years but I miss it and I have been looking for a place to go and play a few relaxed games but so far nothing, westwood doesnt have anything like an indoor/outdoor basketball court neither... not sure if they have one in Deer park...

Theres a new team called the "Glenageary Bounce" as far as i know (thatd be nearish to Dun Laoghaire). Itd be coming near the end of the season at this stage but i reckon if they are a new club theyd welcome people of all standards. Apologies if im wrong tho!!! I did see a thread posted by the club manager or someone and i think theyve a mens team.

I remember when i used to play there was a team called Delta who played near colaiste eanna too. They were good but im not sure if they have a mens team. Also theres Templeogue and Marian.

Sorry if that post is useless but i thought id try and help :P

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Did you find any place to play? if not pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Standard Toaster is cool

here is a facebook page i have made about the problem: http://www.facebook.com/pages/More-courts-Ireland/170171186451843

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dojo

Here is a map I'm compiling of basketball courts https://socialbasketball.net/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭chalky_ie

Anyone know of any public access courts in the Rathgar area?

Advertisement