Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to join a diving club/advertise your club?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MoistNSquishy

Club name: Dive Academy Lahinch
    Association (CFT/PADI/Other): padi
    Membership Fees: From 20 euro.
    Equipment needed to join: Swimmming Togs.

We train kids from 8+ years to 80 years. We are also qualified to offer dive training and an unforgettable experience for people with special needs and/or disabilites. We offer transport to and from dive-sites. After the dive, you have access to our Sauna, Steamroom, Jacuzzi, Heated Showers and changing rooms. Training takes place in our pool and our 3 meter deep ocean tank before departing to the open sea. All Gear is provided. Kids lessons run for a total of 5 lessons spread over 5 weeks at 20euro per 1&1/2 hour lesson. We offer beautiful diving, calm relaxed training and comfrort. We look after all the hard work while you get to Dive and unwind.
    Contact Us: +353 (0) 85 725 7260
    diveacademy.info@ gmail.com
    www. diveacademy. info/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

One season closes and another begins...

All Clubs across the country are starting to head back to the pool and accept new trainees for the 2016 season... more info here:

http://diving.ie/national-try-dive/

http://diving.ie/join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

Would you like to try a dive with Dundalk Sub Aqua Club on Wednesday 14th October?

What do I need to try a dive?

-> All you need is swimming costume, hat and a towel.

Where and when does the dive taking place?

-> Wednesday 14th of October @ 7 pm till 9 pm in the Aura swimming pool Dundalk.

see for our nice flyer on our facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 8 piperflyer

Waterford Harbour Sub Aqua Club is having an information and free Try a Dive night on Friday the 11th of December. Held at Waterford Crystal Pool. Contact George 0863525773

We are always looking increase our membership. Our scuba diving course begins January 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yankinlk wrote: »
    One season closes and another begins...

All Clubs across the country are starting to head back to the pool and accept new trainees for the 2016 season... more info here:

http://diving.ie/national-try-dive/

http://diving.ie/join

Here we go again . Back teaching new trainee divers this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cheops

Hey,

I'm looking to join a friendly active club in North Dublin. !'ve been on the CFT website but its hard to gauge the level of activity or equipment of clubs from the links. I'm a dived up autonomous grade diver. Can anyone recommend an active club that would be open to new members? (PM's welcome:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

cheops wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking to join a friendly active club in North Dublin. !'ve been on the CFT website but its hard to gauge the level of activity or equipment of clubs from the links. I'm a dived up autonomous grade diver. Can anyone recommend an active club that would be open to new members? (PM's welcome:)

The biggest northside club I think is Portmarnock. The other two that spring to mind are Aquatec (they're affiliated to DIT so you may need to be alumni to join) and Omega. Can't vouch for activity or equipment of any of them though.

If you fancy making to short trek to the southside to a club that dive 3 days a week, and have equipment up there with the best of them give me a shout (plenty of our members are northside based) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cheops

Meanaspie wrote: »
    The biggest northside club I think is Portmarnock. The other two that spring to mind are Aquatec (they're affiliated to DIT so you may need to be alumni to join) and Omega. Can't vouch for activity or equipment of any of them though.

If you fancy making to short trek to the southside to a club that dive 3 days a week, and have equipment up there with the best of them give me a shout (plenty of our members are northside based) ;)

Thanks for the reply, I have no affiliation with DIT but I'll get in contact with the other two clubs and see if they are open to new memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 devolhortan

If you're interested in joining a diving club, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure the club is reputable and has certified instructors. Second, check to see if the club offers insurance in case of an accident. Finally, ask around to see if anyone has had any negative experiences with the club. If you're interested in advertising your own diving lore website, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure you have all the necessary licenses and permits. Second, create a professional website and social media accounts. Finally, reach out to local businesses and organizations to promote your club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement