Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA on TV and Online!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

BT Sport has been great so far this season for live games! :)

Totally agree. Only problem I have is my hard drive is too small to record them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emmetkellyx

That's unlucky, I've noticed how much space it takes up haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

Stab*City wrote: »
    Totally agree. Only problem I have is my hard drive is too small to record them all!

Are you recording in HD? Takes up WAY more space in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone here have last seasons League Pass?

Is it still working for ye? It is for me and Ive clicked on cancel auto renewal and still havent got any email asking me to renew or anything along those lines. Thought it would be gone by now myself and have to resuscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone here have last seasons League Pass?

Is it still working for ye? It is for me and Ive clicked on cancel auto renewal and still havent got any email asking me to renew or anything along those lines. Thought it would be gone by now myself and have to resuscribe.

Yeah, I was surprised I have access to all the pre-season games (inc. on-demand), despite not having renewed my subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone know what ballstreams is like, considering it as an alternative to L.P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Made the decision and purchased league pass tonight, €17.99 a month isn't too bad really. BT isn't an option for me atm so I reckon LP was my best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭ec18

me too......but when i go to the my packages part it's blank :S

Bit the bullet and purchased ball streams. 78 euros for the year, and you can pause your subscription when the season is over and restart it next season, meaning you get a season and a half for the price of a season. Great decision, the package it offers is far ahead of the overpriced LP.

You get the the pregame and post game shows for the local channel eg MSG. Like LP you can choose what commentary team you want to listen to. Also a small thing, you get to watch the ads of the local channel, so your not sitting at your laptop watching the same 3 league pass ads over and over. I'm not sure if this affects us in Ireland, but there is no blackout restrictions, meaning you get all the local/NBATV/TNT/ESPN/ABC games.

If you miss the start of the game, you can choose to watch the game from tip off. There is no waiting around for a game to be available to watch, Ballstreams instantly archives games as soon as they end.
    The streaming quality is outstanding, 3200kbps. To you give you an idea of the smoothness, the player functions very similar to 1080p on the YouTube players. Great stuff.

Is the quality better, the same or worse than LP buyer95?

I'm caught in two minds in what to do. If you buy league pass thru a proxy you can get it at a knockdown price.

Is there NBA TV on ballstreams?

• Advertisement

stuba wrote: »
    Is the quality better, the same or worse than LP buyer95?

I'm caught in two minds in what to do. If you buy league pass thru a proxy you can get it at a knockdown price.

Is there NBA TV on ballstreams?

The quality is better, ball streams runs 60 frames per second, LP is 24. Ballstreams bitrate is also higher. Yeah it has NBA TV, and also other shows like Inside Stuff, NBA Action, The Grantland Hour etc.

Cool, think I might try that so. Do you have a invite link by any chance? It's invite only right?

The thoughts of another year of the same ads over and over is just to daunting on LP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I can see that Ballstreams is cheaper. The only negative I see (and it's a small one for the moment) is that it's legality is very much based on some law that exists in the Netherlands. There's always the small chance that foreign pressure could close that loophole and shut down the site until they find another location.

I can see that Ballstreams is cheaper. The only negative I see (and it's a small one for the moment) is that it's legality is very much based on some law that exists in the Netherlands. There's always the small chance that foreign pressure could close that loophole and shut down the site until they find another location.

While your point is valid, hockeystreams have been operating for the last 7 years, with no shut down. Stuba, I'm on my fine and can't get the invite page up. Message me your email and I'll send it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

League Pass are doing their annual 1 week free trial for the start of the season. It lasts from Oct 28 to Nov 4

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Who's good to follow on Vine for NBA highlights?
    Obviously the NBA, but this dude VinnyViner is good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam_Doyle

Does anybody know where can I watch online NBA final 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

EAST:
    Toronto v Washington 4-0
    Boston v Milwaukee 2-4
    Philadelphia v Miami 4-1
    Cleveland v Indiana 4-3

WEST:
    Houston v Minnesota 4-0Golden State v San Antonio 4-1Portland v Pelicans 4-3
    Oklahoma v Utah 4-3

I'd have a few caveats on some of the above (like is Embiid playing Game 1 etc.?), but I'll go with the above for now.

I could see either of the PORTLAND v NEW ORLEANS and OKLAHOMA v UTAH series going either way, and I could see INDIANA topping CLEVELAND.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi folks - just wondering what services people are using to follow the NBA this season?

I have TNT through NowTV, and they are showing some games lives, but no playback option. That seems to be available on their discovery+ app but I don't think that's available in Ireland?

Is my option then basically Leaguepass?

Years ago NBA used to have an NBA Daily show on their own site - basically a highlights show with commentary, ESPN had something similar called NBA tonight. Is there anything like that these days, i.e something that covers the whole league to highlight stuff that you might miss?

Advertisement