Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCB proof for a named driver

Options
  • 27-07-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭

I have been asked to provide proof of 6 years NCB as a named driver on my wife's car, for a new car policy in my own name, will the most recent renewal notice showing a full NCB with me as a named driver on the cert be sufficient, or will we have to go back to each individual insurer over the last 6 years. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

You will need to go back to all insurers over the last 6 years and get a letter from them confirming you were a named driver on the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You will have 6 years driving experience, not NCB. Only the policyholder can (should) request this. The NCB certificate issued at renewal would not be sufficient. You have to approach each insurer over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

A letter confirming 6 years claim free insurance as a named driver, is the exact wording of what they want, the annoying thing is I have a van insured with the same company and they won't recognize my full NCB on the commercial policy, thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

I'm trying to do the same as you but it's my wife that's the name driver on my policy, I'm looking through my emails over the last 6 years , the insurance company's didn't give me an electronic copy of the insurance certificates for them years, I have "statement of fact", and "policy schedules" documents which have my wife's name printed as the additional driver. Will this proof do?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    I'm trying to do the same as you but it's my wife that's the name driver on my policy, I'm looking through my emails over the last 6 years , the insurance company's didn't give me an electronic copy of the insurance certificates for them years, I have "statement of fact", and "policy schedules" documents which have my wife's name printed as the additional driver. Will this proof do?
    Thanks

No, it has to be a letter of driving experience. Just call the insurance companies and request the letters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Big e, you will have to contact the insurance companies directly and request the letters, some will charge for the letter, there is no point contacting the brokers if they were used , here is 1 of them.

Advertisement