Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferries and bikes

Options
  • 25-07-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hoping to book a trip with the bike to France or Spain but there appears to be no reserved seating available on the Bilbao boat no matter what sequence I try. Prices alot cheaper on the france boat with reserve seating at €17

Cabin is dearer than the bike each way, doubles the cost on the Bilbao boat. Anyone know how to avoid the cabin cost on these ferries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Accomm. must be booked on a Brittany Ferries crossing. They don't want any riff-raff sleeping on the floor.
    You could give them a call to see if they have some unlisted capacity. Maybe unlikely with seats. Very helpful office staff.
    France: I don't think Irish Ferries require accomm booking. Did you look there - for Cherbourg? Or try BF's Cork-Roscoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Irish Ferries requires booking a reclining chair or cabin on routes to France. Stena Line doesn't require booking seat or cabin. We found it more comfortable not booking seats and spreading out on a sofa overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Cheers. Thanks for insights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I see the ferry is 28 hours to Bilbao, would you be wanting a cabin for that kind of journey? What do you do with all your bike gear, helmet etc?

Advertisement