Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour time lapse with ThiEye i60+

Options
  • 22-06-2020 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi guys,

First time poster here - hoping you can't help.

I'm hoping to record a 24 hour time lapse with a ThiEye i60+ GoPro I have.

Max size of the SD card is 128gb ( I think)

My questions are:

Can the camera do this without turning off?
    Can the sd card store that length of video?

Any help would be much appreciated.

CoG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Uilleam an Draoi

Hi!

I can only comment on the GoPro...you'll need to plug an external power source or it'll die after 3-4hrs of recording. Same for the other one I guess, maybe a powerbank (20.000mah maybe?) would do the trick and even power both for that time...or close.

For the storage, that's another thing...it'll depend on the resolution of the footage and I'm not 100% sure it'll fit a 24hr thing. GoPro usually cuts the files every 30min I think but I suggest to run a few tests a see how it goes :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

ThiEye isn't a GoPro its a clone. The honest answer is you wont know till you try. You will need a big battery pack or mains power and id say dont do the timelapse in 4k. Biggest issue you will have will be exposure if its out doors when it gets dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

Rew wrote: »
    ThiEye isn't a GoPro its a clone. The honest answer is you wont know till you try. You will need a big battery pack or mains power and id say dont do the timelapse in 4k. Biggest issue you will have will be exposure if its out doors when it gets dark.

That's super and very much appreciated - will give it a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

Hi!

I can only comment on the GoPro...you'll need to plug an external power source or it'll die after 3-4hrs of recording. Same for the other one I guess, maybe a powerbank (20.000mah maybe?) would do the trick and even power both for that time...or close.

For the storage, that's another thing...it'll depend on the resolution of the footage and I'm not 100% sure it'll fit a 24hr thing. GoPro usually cuts the files every 30min I think but I suggest to run a few tests a see how it goes :)

It's hooked up to the mains and lets see how the 128gb does for the day - shooting at the settings I have - it SHOULD give me about 18 hours.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Are you recording Video or Time Lapse?

If doing Time Lapse then you will decide the frequency the frames are taken. I took one on my Houseboat and shot one frame per 2 seconds which means that it was sped up 48 times. This also means fewer frames and less memory required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement