Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunstroke 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,121 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That aint too bad, i wonder what will the capacity be 20k?

I'd say maybe less. Not the bands that will attract the casual ticket seller too much, but a lineup that might get people there for a weekend for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was that the one where traffic was at a standstill miles out of the town, and people had to get off the busses and walk?

God, ten years ago!

Christ I somehow blacked that part out. Was absolutely ****faced by the time I got into the grounds because we necked all our smuggling vodka on the huge walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if I could get Deftones, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and a couple more on the same day, that's be great. not enough there for me to bother with a whole weekend/camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully that's just the first wave and there will be more added

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why can't it be a camping festival?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Pink Moon will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Got tickets for Download the same weekend, but will be interesting to see how this goes. The line up is certainly underwhelming even by a large metal festival's exhausted inventory's stretch to cover for two nights. Deftones are a cure for insomnia.

Fantasy scenario, here, but chances of it picking up some of Download's Sunday bands? System of a Down, Korn, Disturbed etc. If they nabbed System and Korn it'd turn this thing into quite the happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Its a very odd mix match of everything genre wise i feel like they may try to do too much for everyone and end up falling short, at the gates and gojira will be nice to tick off the old bucket list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Got tickets for Download the same weekend, but will be interesting to see how this goes. The line up is certainly underwhelming even by a large metal festival's exhausted inventory's stretch to cover for two nights. Deftones are a cure for insomnia.

Fantasy scenario, here, but chances of it picking up some of Download's Sunday bands? System of a Down, Korn, Disturbed etc. If they nabbed System and Korn it'd turn this thing into quite the happening...

System busy elsewhere that weekend.

Really wanted system, think only hope is that they are supporting whoever plays Slane.

Thought you were talking about Download there. Not like ireland has been inundated with festivals catering to these bands over the last quarter century either.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Thought you were talking about Download there. Not like ireland has been inundated with festivals catering to these bands over the last quarter century either.
    No, it hasn't, but by any measure the general feeling amongst the global metal community is that the availability of big, fresh draws for festivals is becoming more and more of a scarce resource, with many of these festivals reluctant to give other newer bands virgin to headlining the bump. That's all I was getting at, pretty much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Mushy wrote: »
    Hopefully it's all true then

Excellent - FNM, the Hu, Frank Carter, Helmet, Thumper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No, it hasn't, but by any measure the general feeling amongst the global metal community is that the availability of big, fresh draws for festivals is becoming more and more of a scarce resource, with many of these festivals reluctant to give other newer bands virgin to headlining the bump. That's all I was getting at, pretty much.

Think that's more of a Download problem than anywhere else tbh.

Think that's more of a Download problem than anywhere else tbh.
    It's probably the worst example of it, granted, but it has been levelled at plenty of other festivals. It's really no secret that there's a certain amount of public perception regarding metal festivals line ups being the same age old acts. Happens across the board, but metal is notorious for it.

Hoping for a few surprises when they officially announce it at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Seems whoever was in control of the webpages got lazy.

Line Up

It is a camping festival.

sunstrokeireland.com/tickets

Well that's all true, but for a festival that'll be small, it was never going to push out the boat. The headliners there are better than most sub-headline groups for the big fests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"Refsued".
    The webmaster evidently didn't care a lot.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id rather see them start small and start to build it up a larger festival over the years.
    Ill def be going anyways

• Advertisement

70e a day, 130e for weekend without camping. And that's only early bird

Not a bad price imo but headliners seem meh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Gojira are cracking live,well worth watching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I booked the citywest for €129 for the Sat night

Not doing camping bollocks. Surely they will have busses going in and out from different spots in Dublin ?

Ya, but not to City West ! Disaster of a place to stay for this, near Luas ya, but near no other transport. Might be better to try hotels or b&b’s closer to Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

77266828_2404029876362466_8924829860837195776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=oKNw2k80hfsAQn7j6jnZw0jYzY8krbcQfWvIOYpwzAY_MNamqYyY95Esg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=535b998af4b61f50598d187a0834d35c&oe=5E8B4E18

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My hearing never fully recovered after the Olympia gig...
    Tempted to goto this but may look at european gigs for FNM. The thoughts of getting out of Punchestown make me weak...

I have the memory of ACDC there still..

My hearing never fully recovered after the Olympia gig...
    Tempted to goto this but may look at european gigs for FNM. The thoughts of getting out of Punchestown make me weak...

In fairness numbers for this should be far less

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Killing Joke on the lineup too, nice one,saw them in The Academy earlier this year,brilliant show.Jaz Coleman is stone wall mad but can growl with the best of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yes an absolute disaster getting to/from Punchestown. However that was a one day gig with just 3 bands so everyone was heading at the same time.

I've had day tickets to Oxegen there and got in and out no problem as people were camping and not everyone was there to see the same bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

It's a bit pricey with the camping for two days.

Advertisement