Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Anton visit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭skallywag

Austria in full lock down now more or less, you can leave your home for one of three reasons:

* Absolutely necessary work cannot possibly be done remotely or postponed.
    * To buy food or medicine
    * To Help someone.

Other than that you need to stay at home.

It's coming everywhere I think ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

skallywag wrote: »
    Austria in full lock down now more or less, you can leave your home for one of three reasons:

* Absolutely necessary work cannot possibly be done remotely or postponed.
    * To buy food or medicine
    * To Help someone.

Other than that you need to stay at home.

It's coming everywhere I think ...

Does that apply in rural areas or just cities? I mean can you go for a walk or jog if you're in city or countryside?

Chances of infection outside without going close to other people must be functionally zero, unless you're touching surfaces other have come into contact with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭skallywag

a148pro wrote: »
    Does that apply in rural areas or just cities? I mean can you go for a walk or jog if you're in city or countryside?

Chances of infection outside without going close to other people must be functionally zero, unless you're touching surfaces other have come into contact with

The rules are for all areas.

That said, it seems that you are indeed allowed outside for a walk, on your own, or with your own family members. Some people are cycling / jogging etc. but on their own, no groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I dodged multiple bullets this season. I had booked 2 weeks in Japan, but had to cancel it as my off piste advertures fell through.

I then went to St Anton in Mid Feb. Crap weather for 2 ays, nearly everything shut. Great snow for two days with a guide (Mario Matts brother Andi, nice guy, excellent skier). Got caught in a mini slide on Schonhraben caused by boarders above. Not buried, just knocked over, but no way was i getting out myself.

I waa due to go to St Anton again or Ischgl on 28 March or sooner. If it was not hearing about the Icelandic travel advisory I might have been over for St Pats.

They let some English employeeals leave today or yesterday. The shots are being called at Federal level. Local authorities have no say.

A formal investigation now underway in Ischgl. They have a lot of explaining to do The night of the full closure of bars, one of them had a season ending party and was rocking. Guests were then told to leave accommodations, with no measures to quarantine them. Some went home, others stayed in hotels in Innsbruck with no restriction on movement.

Not good. Many of Europes cases can be traced back there, including possibly patient zero in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

skallywag wrote: »
    I think I know exactly the black you ended up on, is it the one that you need to use to get back to St Anton when the 'motorway' is closed? It's very difficult if it is the one that I am thinking of, also keeping in mind that Anton is anyway ranked as pretty difficult, and has blues that are normally ranked red at other resorts.

How did your friend manage to get down to base, was he still able to ski? What a balls though to happen on the first day.

Sorry for the long delay in responding!

Yeah, that was the black run. I didn't think it was a hard black - but... I didn't start it thinking it was a blue. My friend hit it thinking it was a blue.

About an hour after him getting up, we kind of slowly skied down to the MooserWirt for a rest & a few beers. Then a limp down to base for lunch followed by a visit to medical where the bad news came in.

As of now, he's had the surgery and is on the mend. Unfortunately, there's no 2020/2021 season for him.

About a week after getting back to Ireland, I got pretty sick and was down for about three weeks. I didn’t get tested but do wonder if I actually had a mild case of Covid.

Unfortunately, with the Covid situation, I think I’ll have to miss the 2020/2021.

Advertisement