Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1927 One Penny mint error?

Options
  • 18-06-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have an 1927 King George penny coin which i was going to sell for a few cent but have just realised that there seems to be quite the misprint on it.
    I cant find anything like this online so i was wondering if there might be anybody here who would have an idea on whether or not it would be worth chasing this up.

I cant post images here but there is a small 'P' printed right next to Georges neck and it looks like there were 3 larger letters printed on the back of his head. The coin is very worn around the hair so i cant make out what these letters are :(

Any input would be hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Can't really tell without clear pictures, if you want you can PM me pictures or a link to them.

They may be just countermarks

Advertisement