Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Book Club

Options
  • 14-03-2020 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭

...anyone?

Perhaps something we can all kindle and enjoy chatting about.

...even just for a bit of distraction during this stressful time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:)

Any genre preferences? ...or book you've been wanting to read, Wyldwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Sounds good!

I'm willing to try any genre, although not a huge fan of fantasy/sci fi

• Advertisement

Excellent!

Any suggestions for a book?

Sinister kid (and others) made mention of a few freebie audiobook sites from the library, they may have ebooks as well...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112829399&postcount=9

I have just started The Familars by Stacey Hall which is over 400 pages long so I'll let someone else choose the first book as I won't be finished this one for week or so (although may be less with this isolation business). I'm open to any suggestion.

For anyone who's not a member of a library, Borrowbox on the library website is a great resource. Ebooks and audiobooks available but the more recent/popular ones can have a bit of a waiting time. You just need a library card. With the libraries closed now I'm not sure if you can join over the phone but might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Wyldwood wrote: »

For anyone who's not a member of a library, Borrowbox on the library website is a great resource. Ebooks and audiobooks available but the more recent/popular ones can have a bit of a waiting time. You just need a library card. With the libraries closed now I'm not sure if you can join over the phone but might be worth a try.

Funny as I saw this tweet just today. People can join straight away online and the second tweet says they are adding more to slow down waiting time. Its a great resource that I encourage all to check out. You can do it all from your own home!

https://twitter.com/LibrariesIre/status/1239501720662749185?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Good book to read at this would be stephen kings The STAND. Or if you going to be stuck with your partner and kids in iself solation mode try The SHINING, either one is a good wholesome read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks for the Borrowbox library link I’ll look that up as well

I was looking at subscribing to audible .com 7.99 per month but can also join kindle unlimited for the same price which also has audible books so Can anyone advise what the relative merits of both are?

Advertisement