Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water from air to water heat pump

Options
  • 09-08-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi.

I'm looking at a new build that has all heating and hot water supplied by air to water heat pump. House is super insulated but having no experience with these systems I want to make sure it will meet all our requirements. What sort of system should it be to meet all heating and hot water requirements. From having a read online it looks like the capacity of storage tank is crucial. What should it be to be suitable for a 4 person household for showers and hot water etc. Do these systems have a backup system like an immersion if you need more or hotter water. Also is the hot water produced hot enough if you like a good hot shower. Thanks a million
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It will supply all your hot water needs. Just get a tank large enough, probably 300l.

You will run it at night on night rate electricity and if the tank is large enough it should last the day. You can manually boost it during the day if you happen to run low.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 newbie_diy

OK great thanks a million. I just don't want to end up paying a lot for a house and not having adequate hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

newbie_diy wrote: »
    OK great thanks a million. I just don't want to end up paying a lot for a house and not having adequate hot water.

Adequate at a price

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement