Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tinder and Bumble during lockdown?

Options
  • 17-01-2021 12:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

So far I have been matching with loads of women and most are refusing to meet up - why they are on dating apps I just don't know and some even put up profile photos with masks on!

I use public transport - DART, buses and Luas to get around - so there's no chance of being stopped by the Gardaí and fined. Of course I have to wear the stupid mask but that way I can blend in with the zombies following the rules and they assume if you are wearing a mask you aren't breaking the 5km distance rule either.
    They won't see so they won't recognise your face.

Takeaway coffees and walks in public parks are the only feasible way to meet up and if anyone is snooping or tells us to stay 2m apart we just say we live together. A few women turned up for a date wearing a mask and insisting on distancing so I just say right away I am leaving. They quickly knock that off when they realise I'm serious and they realize this will go on for years.

Sex is only possible if they live alone or their flat mates or housemates are not covid fanatics which can be extremely frustrating after putting in the work texting her to meet up dodging the lockdown police meeting up in the cold before she got comfortable kissing and cuddling again after months out of practice.

How are you getting on yourselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Nice story, fiction? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Don’t bumble the tinder. Or we’ll never get a fire going

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer Rant

No luck on these apps, both before and during Covid. Unless you're in the top 20% of men it seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

No luck on these apps, both before and during Covid. Unless you're in the top 20% of men it seems pointless.

Both lockdowns have been slim pickings, either noones' matching up...when we had that out of lockdown period, i got a tonne of matches/meet ups....its the lockdown im presuming thats killing it

I had a date on Friday. Just a coffee and stroll.

• Advertisement

I've had loads of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just chat to people... I had a very successful tinder date in the last level 5 and I was miles outside the 5km but not letting the pandemic get in the way of it! We're only young once.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Catching covid is the least of your worries with some of the yung wans on there

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People are desperate for the ride now.
    I've even have had offers and they know what I look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer Rant

They wouldn't have you when they can access the superior males.

Like all women on Tinder they would think they're entitled to a 6'+ white man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

Of course I have to wear the stupid mask but that way I can blend in with the zombies following the rules
    Maybe they think you're a zombie! Nothing wrong with keeping the rules when it doesn't inconvenience too much!

No, I haven't had any hanky panky since the since covid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Wearing masks is a bit like going rawdog after a while.

Most of them are mad keen to whip off the mask and start snogging.

I was out with a degenerate sex addict a few weeks before Christmas. Grabbing me under the table during dinner and she barely touched her desert. I was getting phuck me eyes the whole time.

Left the restaurant and got the usual coy bullshight for about 10 minutes. Asked me did I want to share a Taxi - I said no problem. As soon as we were outside hers she starts getting real close and I was asked in for coffee.... we were at it all night and then the dirty bitch rang in sick to work.

She then ghosted me after. There are some serious slappers out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Wearing masks is a bit like going rawdog after a while.

Most of them are mad keen to whip off the mask and start snogging.

I was out with a degenerate sex addict a few weeks before Christmas. Grabbing me under the table during dinner and she barely touched her desert. I was getting phuck me eyes the whole time.

Left the restaurant and got the usual coy bullshight for about 10 minutes. Asked me did I want to share a Taxi - I said no problem. As soon as we were outside hers she starts getting real close and I was asked in for coffee.... we were at it all night and then the dirty bitch rang in sick to work.

She then ghosted me after. There are some serious slappers out there.

You have to stay 2m apart or Baldy Tony if be very sad..

You have to stay 2m apart or Baldy Tony if be very sad..

Not when I am nailing them all night I don't.

As soon as they have a half bottle of Cab Sav down their bellies they soon change their tune. Laughing and giggling away. Social distancing my eye.

" oh, I know we're not supposed to , but.... I haven't had any social contact for weeks now... I swear " , they throw their standards out the window when they want some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sandz066

Do fellas regard tinder or bumble any differently than the other? I thought tinder was just for the ride.. Bumble more for those seeking relationships..?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Not when I am nailing them all night I don't.

As soon as they have a half bottle of Cab Sav down their bellies they soon change their tune. Laughing and giggling away. Social distancing my eye.

" oh, I know we're not supposed to , but.... I haven't had any social contact for weeks now... I swear " , they throw their standards out the window when they want some action.

You must think of the frontline workers! LOL

Sandz066 wrote: »
    Do fellas regard tinder or bumble any differently than the other? I thought tinder was just for the ride.. Bumble more for those seeking relationships..?

Tinder is nearly entirely for attention seekers. A girl puts up a picture of herself dolled up. They enjoy giving guys false hopes. It's best to cut to the chase and ask them out or they will string you along.

With Bumble the girl matches with you but her match disappears if she doesn't message you first. Marginally better because at least she's interested but again most women are only interested in likes and deliberately time wasting so again if your first message is not cutting to the chase and asking her out you wasting your time.

The secret for a guy on the app is to be good looking and not be unattractive.
    At the moment there is no option but to break lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I'm most definitely not in the "Top 20%". Over 30, still renting, have not got my **** together, **** all cash and not great looking to boot.

Thought the same until I spun it up again as having spent 3 months alone during first lockdown. Met a lovely absolutely gorgeous woman who looked past all the above and we just got on like a house on fire from date one.

Don't give up I would say.

Sandz066 wrote: »

Unless you look like a model you won't even get a swipe.

Only 10 % of blokes who use dating apps get any action. The other 90% are just cannon fodder and a laughing stock - birds will not go near a bloke online unless she fancies him.

You must think of the frontline workers! LOL

I found out after that she was a doctor in a private clinic....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sandz066

Tinder is nearly entirely for attention seekers. A girl puts up a picture of herself dolled up. They enjoy giving guys false hopes. It's best to cut to the chase and ask them out or they will string you along.

With Bumble the girl matches with you but her match disappears if she doesn't message you first. Marginally better because at least she's interested but again most women are only interested in likes and deliberately time wasting so again if your first message is not cutting to the chase and asking her out you wasting your time.

The secret for a guy on the app is to be good looking and not be unattractive.
    At the moment there is no option but to break lockdown

I'll give bumble a go so!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I think some of you need to visit either the Online Dating or Creative Writing Forums. Possibly both.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement