Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst DIY disasters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've never been overly scared to go at simple electrical jobs.
    I used to stick my fingers in the locket socket as a 12 year old, more for the sh1ts than the giggles.

A few years ago I connected a light fitting in our apartment on a Saturday afternoon.
    I'd done similar loads of times, but this was the first one "out foreign" and didn't realise it was 3 phase.
    It wasn't long before I shorted out the circuit and somehow tripped the supply for all apartments directly above and beneath ours.
    Because it was a new building, only the builders still had the keys to the switch cabinet for the building.
    And they'd finished for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A lad I know was clearing dead wood and bushes at the back of his house, he decided to burn what he cleared, it ended up as a conflagration and he was afraid it would spread to the neighbouring property, so he had to call the fire brigade. Cost him a hefty call out fee! :D

Advertisement