Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Career in secondary school art teaching, good idea or..?

Options
  • 10-01-2021 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm heading off to college this year and I've long decided on a career in art teaching. Honestly it's my only plan right now. It's the career I really want and I'm set on it. I have the college & course picked out, all good to go, but I'm having second thoughts.

Are art teachers in demand at all?
    The course I'll be doing will include work experience placement, which is dandy, but I'm wondering if I'll actually be able to land a permanent job once I'm qualified.

I need to apply soon and I'm stressing out a whooole lot.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If it's what you really want to do then go for it. It's a tough slog. Unless you get very lucky you'll have to do temporary / part time work for a few years, change schools a few times maybe. You might have to move to another part of the country or move country to get work. I started out with one subject but then realised I'd have to go back to college at night and start another degree to have a second subject. To be more sure of a job you might have to go down that route too.

Advertisement